Home

The glitched running

This is a discussion on The glitched running within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2009, 02:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
The glitched running

Does anyone know IF or when this is going to be fixed? You know.... When you break into the open field with lets say Adrian Peterson on your way to a sure touchdown but you get caught from behind by a slow safety like Chris Hope because your player starts to jerk backwards as he's running..

Yeah that...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 03:36 AM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: The glitched running

I've noticed a twitch with Marion Barber, I thought it was just a problem with the animation looping, or the it freezing like the NCAA did until this year. Haven't noticed it with Jones though, so maybe it's not all HBs? I couldn't tell that it affected his speed, but then I think of Barber as a Power HB not a speed HB.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:41 AM   #3
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I've noticed a twitch with Marion Barber, I thought it was just a problem with the animation looping, or the it freezing like the NCAA did until this year. Haven't noticed it with Jones though, so maybe it's not all HBs? I couldn't tell that it affected his speed, but then I think of Barber as a Power HB not a speed HB.
It seems to be an issue with ALL players (meaning not just HBs) on breakaways in particular. It's especially noticeable with faster runners I think. It's only been an issue since the first patch as far as I can tell...not sure what it is. I don't think it really slows the runner (even though it may seem like it). I think it's simply a visual animation glitch.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Sox fan is correct, it's a visual glitch. You may have the speed threshold too high if AP is getting caught. 30 or lower is a got threshold to have it at...

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 11-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

It may be an animation glitch but the it definitely causes your player to slow down. Oddly sometimes with some players I don't get the glitch and other times I do. Also this was not an issue until after the first patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Sox fan is correct, it's a visual glitch. You may have the speed threshold too high if AP is getting caught. 30 or lower is a got threshold to have it at...
It's definitely not just visual. Watch the replays in slo-mo and you can see your player completely stop while the defenders keep moving.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have seen this with several players offline and online. It always happens when I am running and no one is close.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

It happens to me a lot. It feels like the CPU is saying "we want said player to get caught from behind" regardless of the speed, acceleration, and distance. It's a noticeable hiccup that allows the defender to take, say, 5 steps while the offensive player moves the equivalent of 2-3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »