Home
View Poll Results: Do You want Realistic Mistakes?
Realistic Mistakes (As long as they aren't overdone) 79 92.94%
That level of Realism would take away from the fun 2 2.35%
Not Sure 4 4.71%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #9
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Realistic Mistakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhackler
I think this is where RATINGS are going to have to matter. Meaning, there needs to be a rating for snap exchange for QBs and C's.

Also, can we PLEASE get a LONG SNAP rating so I don't have to feel stupid for carrying Patrick Mannelly on the bears when he has a TERRIBLE overall and isn't even good at LONG SNAPPING yet he's their LONG SNAPPER. This case is true for a bunch of teams. Mannelly is a TEAM CAPTAIN but has like a 59 overall or something. Ridiculous.

But if you make ratings matter for certain things then, yeah.

If you shift your O-line around a bunch they should mess up more. There should be a CHEMISTRY rating for your line. Which would affect backing into the QB, botched snaps, blown blocks, etc. Also you could have a chemistry rating for your DB's and LB corps. i think Madden just does a terrible job of breaking a Football team down into the corps that make up a team. There should be more of a sense of that in the game. Building chemistry between your QB and WR's. Chemistry for your Linebacking corp. DB's. D-line. O-line. etc. And in that, you could have these Realistic Mistakes happen with reason and not just randomly.

AND AS ALWAYS. Cant we just get a slider (that works) for this so WE can determine how much we want this in OUR game? At this point in video-gaming EVERYTHING should be an option. Not these ridiculous things we get no say over for NO reason.
I agree
Old 11-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Sliders don't work online, well i mean for ranked games.

I'm all for these things being in the game so long as they are rare.

However I'll bet the vast majority of the public, outside of OS, would absolutely HATE these sorts of things and that is why we will never see them in the game.

Anyone that has been to a Madden party/contest should know how much they get riled up on things they can't control. It's 2 different philosophies, do you want fate to play a part in your game like reality or do you want only you to be the reason for your success or failure? It should be a mixture of both but 95% of people will argue that as a game it should all be on you.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #11
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

This would be a great idea along with a playbook knowledge system kind of like Head coach, and some type of new player/rookie implentation. So if you sign a free agent, draft a rookie, or have an injury to a player then this would take affect. I dont want to see these all mistakes week 13 of my season happen every play when all my team has been playing together for 12 weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 06:26 PM   #12
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I would say definitely no. First of all, we know how this company operates, it would be overdone. Just like the David Tyree catch animation, the breaking out of gang tackles, the slipping in bad weather and everything else they do. Second, there are literally dozens of glitches in blocking, wrs turboing to the ball to beat coverage, etc. that I have to pretend is a mistake in order to enjoy this game now.

EA doesn't need to add anymore intentional ones on top of the accidental ones that are there already.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

They usually do overdo new things at first but usually by the second year it's toned to normal.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #14
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhackler
I think this is where RATINGS are going to have to matter. Meaning, there needs to be a rating for snap exchange for QBs and C's.

Also, can we PLEASE get a LONG SNAP rating so I don't have to feel stupid for carrying Patrick Mannelly on the bears when he has a TERRIBLE overall and isn't even good at LONG SNAPPING yet he's their LONG SNAPPER. This case is true for a bunch of teams. Mannelly is a TEAM CAPTAIN but has like a 59 overall or something. Ridiculous.

But if you make ratings matter for certain things then, yeah.

If you shift your O-line around a bunch they should mess up more. There should be a CHEMISTRY rating for your line. Which would affect backing into the QB, botched snaps, blown blocks, etc. Also you could have a chemistry rating for your DB's and LB corps. i think Madden just does a terrible job of breaking a Football team down into the corps that make up a team. There should be more of a sense of that in the game. Building chemistry between your QB and WR's. Chemistry for your Linebacking corp. DB's. D-line. O-line. etc. And in that, you could have these Realistic Mistakes happen with reason and not just randomly.

AND AS ALWAYS. Cant we just get a slider (that works) for this so WE can determine how much we want this in OUR game? At this point in video-gaming EVERYTHING should be an option. Not these ridiculous things we get no say over for NO reason.
Super co-sign. Solid post.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #15
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
They usually do overdo new things at first but usually by the second year it's toned to normal.
I would tend to disagree. It was the backlash of 5 years of over the top madden that got them to really attempt to tone the stuff down and attempt to make a realistic game in madden 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
95% of people will argue that as a game it should all be on you.
95% of the party/contest/tourney people maybe, but not 95% of all Madden consumers. But heaven forbid we upset our casual tourney players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »