Home

Realistic Mistakes

This is a discussion on Realistic Mistakes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do You want Realistic Mistakes?
Realistic Mistakes (As long as they aren't overdone) 79 92.94%
That level of Realism would take away from the fun 2 2.35%
Not Sure 4 4.71%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2009, 12:09 AM   #25
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Realistic Mistakes

As long as physics and football logic is in the game i'd be all for it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 12:19 AM   #26
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Neither is the user being able to take a bad QB and having him play like Tom Brady.

It's totally silly someone could make a guy like Josh Johnson into Brady if they are good enough with the sticks.

What's the point of having good players if someone who's good with the sticks can turn anyone into a superstar?
Nice quoting just part of my reply... You need to try other games than just Madden. It's possible to separate the players by their capabilities, this is something that APF2K8 did an extremely good job at, and yes, your skill at the position and the skill of your opponent still impacted how well the player performed, just as it should. It wouldn't turn a QB into Tom Brady, but a player who was good at reading defenses and coverages could still play a pretty good game, which may leave a player whose not good at defense thinking he just played Tom Brady.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:41 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

it matters, they shouldn't be random so if a new rookie center or somebody is in there and he is going against somebody who blows him off the ball. For the long snapping thing you have to have a stat for long snapping and the best ones should rarely ever do it and the average one should do it occasionally. blow coverages should happen with low awarness players, and rookies which would give you a reason to start a veteran over a rookie.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 55

This was on my wishlist for M10. I really want the little mistakes to be in. One of them is: Fumbled pitch on a RB sweep. Botched FG's and Punts have yet to be seen. Fumbled QB snaps/QB's falling over OL/FB's feet has yet to be seen.

When qb's are hit... the ball shouldn't always flutter in the air.. hopefully patch 2 corrects the trajectory. Also, sometimes the throw gets off but is just off target... and not always a lob.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 11-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 21

There should be a coaching style that is implemented in-game, not just for simulating.

I could choose from options like these on both Offense and Defense:

Run Heavy - aggressive
Run Heavy - conservative
Balanced
Pass Heavy - conservative
Pass Heavy - aggressive

I'd also be able to adjust my strategy at halfime.

For example, If I chose aggressive pass D, I'd go for more picks and get more sacks, but be susceptible to the run. In this case I believe there would be more risks, and more of these 'realistic mistakes' being made. However, if I'm coaching conservatively my players would stay in their gaps and play to their assignments, and not make these mistakes.

I think this would add a great deal of realism and strategy to the chess match that is football.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 11-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #30
Rookie

bhackler's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
There should be a coaching style that is implemented in-game, not just for simulating.

I could choose from options like these on both Offense and Defense:

Run Heavy - aggressive
Run Heavy - conservative
Balanced
Pass Heavy - conservative
Pass Heavy - aggressive

I'd also be able to adjust my strategy at halfime.

For example, If I chose aggressive pass D, I'd go for more picks and get more sacks, but be susceptible to the run. In this case I believe there would be more risks, and more of these 'realistic mistakes' being made. However, if I'm coaching conservatively my players would stay in their gaps and play to their assignments, and not make these mistakes.

I think this would add a great deal of realism and strategy to the chess match that is football.
NCAA does this.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Nice quoting just part of my reply... You need to try other games than just Madden. It's possible to separate the players by their capabilities, this is something that APF2K8 did an extremely good job at, and yes, your skill at the position and the skill of your opponent still impacted how well the player performed, just as it should. It wouldn't turn a QB into Tom Brady, but a player who was good at reading defenses and coverages could still play a pretty good game, which may leave a player whose not good at defense thinking he just played Tom Brady.
I have tried other football games. Right now, I've been playing HC 09 much more than Madden. I've played Football Mogul. I've played NFL 2K5. Trying out Front Office Football demo (haven't gotten too deep into it yet), heck, I'll even break out Football Pro '98. So, no, the only football games I play aren't just the Madden series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think you can work with the rating we already have:

-- a low QBs accuracy should cause higher lame ducks (that no player could prevent).
-- a low RB carry rating should cause hand off mistakes
-- low AWR for WR,TE,RB should have them run the wrong route (or run)

I would personally love it if i saw my stupid RB go into pass protection while the QB attempts a hand-off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »