Home

Isaiah Stanback

This is a discussion on Isaiah Stanback within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Isaiah Stanback

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoholicstepfather
I don't think this is necessarily the case. I may be wrong, but I do believe he could have been listed as the 3rd QB, as long as they had another emergency QB that was on the inactive roster for the game.

For example, I know that the Cowboys have Stephen McGee listed as the emergency 3rd QB. He is not on the 45-man active roster for games and if he ever came into a game, then neither Romo or Kitna can go back into the game before the start of the 4th quarter unless McGee got hurt. If I uderstand the rule correctly, it is so teams have to stick to the 45-man gameday roster unless their top 2 QBs are injured, then they basically get a roster exemption.
Yes, basically what I was saying. Most teams only have 2 qbs on their active 45 game roster because they have uses for the other positions and there is the exemption incase both qbs get hurt. However, they could put 20 qbs on their active roster and play them all if they really wanted too. There is no limit to the number of qbs on the active 45 man roster.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Isaiah Stanback

Alright. Thanks for the clarification. Its dumb to even have a rule like that if youre able to play a 3rd QB at any position you want besides QB without it affecting your no. 1 and 2 QBs. I guess I would list alot of athletic QBs as receivers then instead of at quarterback. If the Eagles wanted to get rid of all that media hype Vick was causing they should have just listed him at wideout and been done with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »