Home
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Angry Re: Right on the ball EA

Just to set everyone straight, especially all you EA lovers. I followed the instructions that are set forth by EA SPORTS in THEIR MANUAL, to the letter. Mailed the game in its original box, with the receipt, and a note explaining what the problem was, and what i did to rectify the problem. I also provided them with mt ADDRESS, EMAIL ADDRESS, and both myh cell phone, and home phone #s. Learn to READ, no where in THE EA MANUAL does it say that we must contact them by PHONE, period. I was finally able to get a hold of EA by phone today, and gave them the postal tracking#, to which they (EA) in fact verified that they received my game on November 2nd, at 8:30 am. They connected me with the warranty dept, who finally had to admit that they did in fact misplace my game, and within two hours i received an email, with a UPS tracking #. YES THEY FINALLY MAILED IT, but only after I called. If I dont call and check, I would never have gotten my game back. Does anyone on this forum have any principles of right and wrong when it comes to EA, or are you all making love to this company. They screwed up not me. Try reading your manual in the warranty section, then chew my *** out. And to you Mr OctaneHugo, I do reserve the right to be pissed, and the right to expect EA to take care of the people that support their company. Without all of us, there is no EA Sports. Did EA rectify the problem? Yes they did, but jump on me without knowing everything in its entirety. The fact that i did what EA instructed, should have been good enough.

Last edited by cpdfrank; 12-01-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #18

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Right on the ball EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdfrank
Just to set everyone straight, especially all you EA lovers. I followed the instructions that are set forth by EA SPORTS in THEIR MANUAL, to the letter. Mailed the game in its original box, with the receipt, and a note explaining what the problem was, and what i did to rectify the problem. I also provided them with mt ADDRESS, EMAIL ADDRESS, and both myh cell phone, and home phone #s. Learn to READ, no where in THE EA MANUAL does it say that we must contact them by PHONE, period. I was finally able to get a hold of EA by phone today, and gave them the postal tracking#, to which they (EA) in fact verified that they received my game on November 2nd, at 8:30 am. They connected me with the warranty dept, who finally had to admit that they did in fact misplace my game, and within two hours i received an email, with a UPS tracking #. YES THEY FINALLY MAILED IT, but only after I called. If I dont call and check, I would never have gotten my game back. Does anyone on this forum have any principles of right and wrong when it comes to EA, or are you all making love to this company. They screwed up not me. Try reading your manual in the warranty section, then chew my *** out.
Was it really that big of deal to have to call them? Why you waited this long is beyond me.

SOunds like they owned up to their mistake and made good which is nice.

But right in that section of the booklet they give a number you can call for the automated system to get info as well as an email address.

They screwed up, but no offense, instead of bitching on here about how long it was taking, you could have easily have taken care of this weeks ago by contacting them.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #19
Banned

I made a previous attempt to call them, but was on hold for almost 40 minutes, and I couldnt wait any longer, as I had an appointment to go to. Today I only had to wait about 20 minutes. EA does not make it mandatory for us to call before we ship the games to them, because it would drastically increase the number of customer service calls, which is obvious they have a lot of already, and thats according to the first individual i talked to today. The other little tidbit that i didnt like, was that they have a check and balance system that shows them what they recieve, and when they send it back right on there computers, and low and behold there was my game that came in and never went out. So WTF.

Last edited by cpdfrank; 12-01-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #20

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdfrank
I made a previous attempt to call them, but was on hold for almost 40 minutes, and I couldnt wait any longer, as I had an appointment to go to. Today I only had to wait about 20 minutes. EA does not make it mandatory for us to call before we ship the games to them, because it would drastically increase the number of customer service calls, which is obvious they have a lot of already, and thats according to the first individual i talked to today.
I understand all that.

My point is that the number in the manual is for the automated system. No waiting on hold, no people to speak to. You would have known it was lost then.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #21
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Yay...you got your game back.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #22
Banned

I know what you mean, but the automated system would have just verified that they received it, and i still would have to speak with someone to find out how long i have to wait. EA was also suppose to send me an email stating they received my game, and provide me with a reference# so that i can check the status. They didnt do it, and they were honest enough to admit it, because their computer had no reference number assigned to me.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:36 PM   #23

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Glad you got your game back and all, but i just dont understand why you would wait an entire month? Hell after a week i wouldn't care how long i had to wait on hold to get ahold of someone, man thats $60 of my hard earned money floating around in some stock room.

50 Cent....

Cuz he's only good for 2 Quarters!!!!!
NFL - Denver Broncos
MLB - Colorado Rockies
NHL - Colorado Avalanche/Winnipeg Jets
Old 12-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 50

Even though they did in fact receive your game, you have to remember that the time it takes for EA to return you game or system mostly is determined by where you live in the US. I for one will be the first to tell you that I am unfortunately located in Georgia while the Microsoft headquarters is located in Redmond, Washington all of the way across the state. Also, my Xbox broke down last week with that e74 system error so this whole process is going to take even longer for me that most people.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »