Home

Old 11-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #129
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Sales decline=profits decline=doors closing. My point about saturation is that people are probably tired of the yearly production of sports games. That is probably one of the reasons why you see sales declining.

Madden has been declining in sales since last generation and they are still producing the game.

As I've stated before, business stay in business because they make sound business decisions for the whole company.

It will be interesting to see how EA and Madden survive with declining sales. I'm not as worried about it as you seem to be.

By the way, you keep referring that EA didn't have to pay for the rights for the NFL before the exclusive license. Every company that made a game prior to the license, had to pay the NFL a %. Granted, it's a lower % than what EA is doling out currently, but I wanted to set the record clear on that one.
The record has always been clear. I am well aware that there were licensing fees before this exclusive rights agreement. I stated that fct in an earlier post where I outline what plus what equals what in 2005 and 2009. Itswastikas no where near $500mil though lol.

On your other point about sales declines and consumers being not wanting to buy the game you are just reiterating what I have already said. That madden is not doing well from w bottom line perspective when all factors are taken into account and that its popularity is on the wane. Again, don't mistake this to mean that I think that it is in so much trouble that thy re thinking of cutting ties with it. I'm just stating, again, and again it seems, that it is not doing well, all things considered. Nothing more than that.

And trust me, I am not worried about it at all. As I said before I havnt played the game in I dont know how long and I will not buy 11 without renting it first. I'm just taking numbers. Nothing else.

To your edit. If you take the 4mil number as fact first of all which I don't think is accurate based on the numbers that I saw not long ago but it could have changed to that point. Even still I don't know that I agree that they will sell another 600k. When it happens, let me know.

Last edited by Only1LT; 11-19-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #130
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Yep and what I was saying when it came to that was that the reason behind it isn't solely because people hate/are tired of madden.

Glad that we cleared that up
I never said that it was solely due to a decline in popularity. Only that anyone that doesn't think that a decline in popularity is a factor AT ALL is smoking that ooh wee lol.

Now we are clear

Last edited by Only1LT; 11-19-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #131
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
The record has always been clear. I am well aware that there were licensing fees before this exclusive rights agreement. I stated that fct in an earlier post where I outline what plus what equals what in 2005 and 2009. Itswastikas no where near $500mil though lol.

On your other point about sales declines and consumers being not wanting to buy the game you are just reiterating what I have already said. That madden is not doing well from w bottom line perspective when all factors are taken into account and that its popularity is on the wane. Again, don't mistake this to mean that I think that it is in so much trouble that thy re thinking of cutting ties with it. I'm just stating, again, and again it seems, that it is not doing well, all things considered. Nothing more than that.

And trust me, I am not worried about it at all. As I said before I havnt played the game in I dont know how long and I will not buy 11 without renting it first. I'm just taking numbers. Nothing else.
Well, when you you phraselogy like bad omen, that appears that you are concerned with the path that is currently taking.

If those $4 million numbers are true, and Madden sells more units than last year, please let everyone know those numbers too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #132
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Well, when you you phraselogy like bad omen, that appears that you are concerned with the path that is currently taking.

If those $4 million numbers are true, and Madden sells more units than last year, please let everyone know those numbers too.
Lol. The bad omen is just in terms of maddens bottom line. I don't know how many times I've said that. When people say madden is just fine I gave reasons for why it isn't. It isn't any more complicated than that. Not a madden bashing thing or anything like that. Just that it is common sense that it is not on solid footing financially with increases in costs and declines in sales. People need to take their personal feelings out of the equation and just look at numbers. That's all I'm doing. Never mentioned anything about the content of the game even once. And I am not talking to you specifically just in general.

If sales of madden exceed last years what would that prove? If they sell 4.6 mil copies that doesn't change the fact that the game would still be doing poorly from a bottom line standpoint when you factor in the prorated exclusive deal + the fact that current gen titles cost more to make + it would still be less than the sales levels when they had competition lol. There are no two ways about it. EA is not gonna be dancing for joy with that outcome. Again, the expectation could not possibly have been that they would sell less with no comp than they did with comp.

I don't see any point to me coming on here to say what the numbers are if they exceed last years anymore than I see any point in saying nah nah nah nah nah the numbers are down. I think you are confusing what I am saying with bashing when that could not be further from the truth. I am as disconnected from this issue emotionally as you can possibly be. I don't care. That's why I have not been here lately. Just bored today lol.

Last edited by Only1LT; 11-19-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Really? Are you sure about that or are you just using these forums as a representation of that?

While Madden may have lost fans they have also gained fans as well as many people agree that it's the first Madden that's better than Madden 2005 overall. I have some people on my friends list that still play Madden 10 even though games like MW2 are "what's hot". Also, if people were cool with playing other sports titles so much then why didn't other sports titles make the LIVE activity list outside of Madden and FIFA? I remember hearing that NBA 2k10 had a 60% sales increase from 2k9. The 360 version of NBA 2k9 made the top of the sales charts this time last year. NBA 2k10 sold 60% more than that yet it wasn't shown in the LIVE activity top 10 chart for this month.
Is it really Madden on the decline or is it just sports gaming as a whole due to shooters gaining more and more buzz?

Im still catching up on the reading but had to respond to this again. I already mentioned the reasoning behind this. Fifa, Madden and just about every game on the top 10 sell atleast 1 millilon+. All other sports game will be lucky to break 500k. Madden 10 as far as we know sold about 3-4 million. So what that is telling me is that the people that did buy the game are just not playing it. Which is another alarming trend and also should be obvious. There are a lot of people that are not playing just because they are waiting for a patch.

Not being in the top 10 has a lot of factors behind it.. All being negative for Madden football. I don't see how you can spin this in any positive way without looking like an overly optimistic Ea fanboy. Whatever you want to blame it on, it is still negative for Ea football. And that is the bottom line, the facts have spoken.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #134
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
Whatever you want to blame it on, it is still negative for Ea football. And that is the bottom line, the facts have spoken.
I never said that it wasn't negative... all I was saying (again) is there's more reasons behind it instead of just the fact that some people feel Madden 10 is a bad game.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Sales decline=profits decline=doors closing. My point about saturation is that people are probably tired of the yearly production of sports games. That is probably one of the reasons why you see sales declining.

Madden has been declining in sales since last generation and they are still producing the game.

As I've stated before, business stay in business because they make sound business decisions for the whole company.

Also, I think I read in this thread somewhere that Madden has sold 4 million copies so far. I would think between now and the holidays they could must at least 600,000 sold. If that happened, that would break the 4.5 million they sold last year, wouldn't it.

And then the chain would be broken for consecutive years declining sales, right?
I dont agree that people are tired of the yearly sports releases because it has been mentioned that Nba2k10 sales have increased.

Look this is the bottom line. No matter the economy, you make a quality product with a good release it will sell. Two games are a testiment to that point, Ufc Undisputed and Batman:AA. Two new IPs that broke sales estimates.

Since I brought up the UFC let me make another point about the economy. UFC has done extremely well in the PPV market even with a PPV every month. Guess what company blamed the economy for their lackluster PPV sales, the WWE. It's so easy to blame everything else other than the obvious, your product.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 09:13 PM   #136
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
I dont agree that people are tired of the yearly sports releases because it has been mentioned that Nba2k10 sales have increased.

Look this is the bottom line. No matter the economy, you make a quality product with a good release it will sell. Two games are a testiment to that point, Ufc Undisputed and Batman:AA. Two new IPs that broke sales estimates.

Since I brought up the UFC let me make another point about the economy. UFC has done extremely well in the PPV market even with a PPV every month. Guess what company blamed the economy for their lackluster PPV sales, the WWE. It's so easy to blame everything else other than the obvious, your product.
But the sales aren't bad... they are down for the PS2 and wii which is understandable due to reasons I pointed out but they had an increase on the 360/PS3. So yeah they definitely can be doing better and EA more than likely wants higher sales, no doubt about that, but it isn't to the point in which Madden sales are lackluster.

If anything, what can be the conclusion for everything brought up is that even though many people bought Madden 10, people are spending their time playing other games. Sports games still are having hype before they are released but as the years go by their hype/buzz goes down even faster the weeks/months after they get released (at least that how it seems to me) as other games take the spotlight.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 11-19-2009 at 09:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »