Home

Xbox live activity November 09

This is a discussion on Xbox live activity November 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #169
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
This is what I found. Nothing was really ever confirmed as a exact figure , but the 500 million mark was speculated.

Here is a quote from the article, and I also provided a link if your curious on reading the entire article

"EA did not announce the terms of the deal, but sources told me the price tag was north of $300 million (though well below the $500 million figure some have suggested).

Assuming that's correct, at least one industry analyst feels EA (Research) might have overpaid.

"If they paid more than $200 million, then I seriously question their judgment," said Michael Pachter, an analyst with Wedbush Morgan Securities."

Link to the Article
http://money.cnn.com/2004/12/14/comm...column_gaming/

Now this was the 1st deal. Which was done in 2004 and was to lsat till 2009.

Now EA received and extension that will last till the 2012/2013 football season. What was paid for that extension was not revealed.

The NFL is greedy, so I'm guessing if 5 years was roughly 300 million. That would have had EA paying about 60 million a year for 5 years. I really can't see the NFL dropping the price down to 15 million a year, but that is just my opinion, and no one outside of the deal really knows.
Maybe if he says it it will penetrate the Madden armor that people seem to coat themselves in. Why it is so hard for some to admit that EA could ever do anything wrong is beyond me. This post applies to anyone applicable. If you feel defensive about my comment, then it is directed towards you.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #170
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Maybe if he says it it will penetrate the Madden armor that people seem to coat themselves in. Why it is so hard for some to admit that EA could ever do anything wrong is beyond me. This post applies to anyone applicable. If you feel defensive about my comment, then it is directed towards you.
There were 2 statements made that tend for me to believe that the license fee is in the 500 million dollar range is the amount Direct TV had to pay which was 1 billion a year for the next 4 years, and the fact that EA did not disclose the amount due to scaring off investors.

In the end the fact that this type of argument goes on , and all this info exist. Just proves that Madden has fallen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »