Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #41
MVP
 
Bgamer90's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Yes the current gen sales of Madden are supposedly up 3%, but I don’t find it all that curious that EA has not touted sales of the other platforms, considering that they are down. Other platforms, mind you, have increased their user bases as well.
True but people are moving on to new systems (PS3/360) which is why other versions of the game (i.e. PS2) aren't selling as much as they use to. The same was the case for past gens as well when it comes to their respective systems.
__________________
Bgamer90 on twitter
Bgamer90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #42
MVP
 
Only1LT's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
True but people are moving on to new systems (PS3/360) which is why other versions of the game (i.e. PS2) aren't selling as much as they use to. The same was the case for past gens as well when it comes to their respective systems.
Not disputing that at all, but if the decrease in sales on last gen, is more than the 3% increase in sales on the current gen, which it is, then that point has no weight.

Then throw in the fact that the install base of every single platform has increased, and the picture gets bleaker.

You can spin it anyway you want. The fact remains that Madden is not what it was. Just facts. And I am not talking about the game itself, just saying it isn't what it was from a profitable standpoint. Not from a popularity standpoint either. Numbers don't lie.

Last edited by Only1LT; 11-18-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Only1LT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #43
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Once again, it's due to other hyped AAA games taking over and being with previous hyped AAA games. COD MW2 came out this year along with Halo ODST. If those games didn't come out this year I'm more than sure that Madden would be higher in rank for this month.

You see it as just Madden and/or football gaming when the example you are using is representative of how gaming is as a whole this gen.
And you make my point once again. Madden and football gaming(since Madden represents football gaming) is no longer considered AAA. Do you think this is the first time that Madden has competed with AAA games for top 10 space. Heck no.

And what you said is pure speculation. From the numbers provided Madden continues to drop on the list. To me that shows a trend. I'm speculating it has nothing to do with install bases, AAA competition or whatever other non-factual reason you can come up with. It has to do with people knowing when they put 60 bux down on MW2 that it will be worth the money. Whereas with a Madden purchase, you have potential of regret. Not to mention the newest trend, that you may have to wait months until the game is actually playable.
__________________
"NFL/EA/2ksports, caused the worst generation of football gaming ever."

6.1.10
alliance4g63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #44
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
You can spin it anyway you want. The fact remains that Madden is not what it was. Just facts. And I am not talking about the game itself, just saying it isn't what it was from a profitable standpoint. Not from a popularity standpoint either. Numbers don't lie.
With all that I have posted so far, this here is all my points as black and white as it can be.
__________________
"NFL/EA/2ksports, caused the worst generation of football gaming ever."

6.1.10
alliance4g63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #45
MVP
 
Bgamer90's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Not disputing that at all, but if the decrease in sales on last gen, is more than the 3% increase in sales on the current gen, which it is, then that point has no weight.
Thing is though that I'm positive that in past years the sales increase percentage for a current gen madden compared to it's previous year was always less than the sales decrease percentage of the same version of madden for last gen consoles compared to it's previous year. As people move on to new consoles, others are stuck with what they have due to various circumstances and seeing as most know that really nothing else can be done to the last gen version of Madden they just decide not to get the last gen version at all.
__________________
Bgamer90 on twitter
Bgamer90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #46
MVP
 
Bgamer90's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
With all that I have posted so far, this here is all my points as black and white as it can be.
I will agree that Madden doesn't have the same mainstream buzz as it did last gen but as I've said repedately now, the same is true when it comes to all genres.

It's not that people feel that Madden is stale, it's just that people are basically being addicted to shooters. Shooters (well at least imo) are much more pick up and play. Personally, I haven't really played anything this week other than MW2 due to being addicted to MP.
__________________
Bgamer90 on twitter
Bgamer90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #47
MVP
 
Only1LT's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Thing is though that I'm positive that in past years the sales increase percentage for a current gen madden compared to it's previous year was always less than the sales decrease percentage of the same version of madden for last gen consoles compared to it's previous year. As people move on to new consoles, others are stuck with what they have due to various circumstances and seeing as most know that really nothing else can be done to the last gen version of Madden they just decide not to get the last gen version at all.
Let's say that every thing that you have said is true. The fact still remains that whatever the reason is that the sales are going down, the pertinent point is that sales ARE going down. That is not a good thing is all I'm saying.

The board could care less about the individual reasons why sales might be declining. Only that they are declining. And make no mistake, they are.
Only1LT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:02 PM   #48
MVP
 
Bgamer90's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63

I'm speculating it has nothing to do with install bases, AAA competition or whatever other non-factual reason you can come up with. .
lol okay so what I'm saying isn't factual at all?

I honestly don't see how one can not feel that it should be taken into consideration.
__________________
Bgamer90 on twitter
Bgamer90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 PM.

Top -