Home

Easiest way to get best rookies

This is a discussion on Easiest way to get best rookies within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-18-2009, 08:24 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Easiest way to get best rookies

I always bought the best scouts at the end of the season. You write down the top rookies by there potential bar on the screen. When you draft them all the ones you wrote down will be grade A when they are on your team. Like I said if you use a bad scout team maybe this will not work but I have never drafted someone by the bar and they end up not being an A grade when I drafted them. The highest potential guy might go 7th round cause he is a 60 overall thats how you get them locked for 7 years and a cheap deal.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:34 AM   #10
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I didn't realize the potential charted to a an A, B, C, D, F grade. I thought it only related to their abilities, meaning how good the player could be at the start. Interesting.
Kinda zaps the fun, right?
Old 11-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #11
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Kinda zaps the fun, right?
Yeah, all of it. Why even scout the player at all? Feel like I have wasted a lot of time now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #12
Rookie

I think you still need to scout them cause after every scout there potential bar may move up or down. I guess you could go more on if you actually need a player now you might not want to get that 60 overall player that will be an A later down the road.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

I like the fact that there is a "cap" to a players potential because it keeps the game balanced so you don't have a league full of 90+ players after a couple years. Plus not every player is going to be Elite player as many players are career backups.

However I think that the potential should be hidden or at least only an estimate. For example when you draft a player you may not know their potential under year 2 or 3 and even then it could be an estimate. Lets say you have three players who have an estimated potential B but in year three it turns out that one was actually an A, another did not live up to the estimate and turns out to be a C, and then the final guy really was a B. This seems more realistic because every year many players fail to live up to the hype around them, meanwhile many players achieve levels of success that are much higher than what was expected of them.

Imagine you draft a QB first round who was estimated as an A and after a couple years you realize he is a C but you had started him for those 2-3 years thinking he is your franchise QB but ultimately they are not! This would give us a true gem/bust system.

I think that would make things more interesting. Because as it is now if a player is a C or lower I don't keep them. In fact in my franchises if I have any players that are a C it was because I had to pick somebody up as a backup and even then I only offer those guys a one year deal so I can try to replace then with A's or B's in the next off season.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #14
Rookie

My favorite way for progression in a sports game has to be from the winning soccer eleven series. The last one I bought was 2007 though so they may have tweeked it since then. Basically your player has a graph of how he will progress you can choose to show or hide this also. How he plays or doesnt play determines how close he follows his natural ability.

I know its a question of nature vs nurture but even if its a swing of plus or minus 5 or 10 points it would add a reason to play well in your franchise or even to give someone playing time to get them experience. Just seems strange to see someone never play a down and ride the bench but yet they are rated a 99 overall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »