Home

Realistic Mistakes

This is a discussion on Realistic Mistakes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do You want Realistic Mistakes?
Realistic Mistakes (As long as they aren't overdone) 79 92.94%
That level of Realism would take away from the fun 2 2.35%
Not Sure 4 4.71%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Realistic Mistakes

Everyone says the wants realism but I was wondering if people would really want things like:

blown coverages, bad exchanges between QB and RB, O-Lineman stepping on your QBs foot causing him to trip, bad snaps going over the punters head, bad snaps causing missed field goals, bad snaps causing QB fumbles...etc

Do people really want these things in the game (As long as they aren't over done) or would people get pissed if these things happened to them in a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Realistic Mistakes

Only in places that you don't control. The QB shouldn't just throw a random bad pass. It should be bad based on how 'I' as the QB threw it.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

realistic mistakes, not overdone.

For ex. your on the road and your playing a hot team, mistakes should increase some, a botched snap, or a high snap that throws off your timing.
More false starts on the road against a hostile crowd.
More of a 12man affect would be really nice.

Of course for online games the 12th man affect should be off. Or you should have the option of toggling it on/off for online franchise games.

But this would really add to the online/offline franchise games imo.

Last edited by dfos81; 11-17-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Realistic mistakes but they need to realize how rare these things are. Missed passes are pretty common as are blown coverages so should happen quite a bit but bad snaps and exchanges are very rare and should only happen once every couple thousand snaps probably and you also need to figure in ratings so less experienced players and players who haven't played together are more likely to make these mistakes.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Realistic Mistakes would bee great. But I think it would be difficult to find the fine line between realistic and overdone. And given some of the current issues I for one would not want them to open the door to new problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #6
Rookie

bhackler's Arena

OVR: 3

I think this is where RATINGS are going to have to matter. Meaning, there needs to be a rating for snap exchange for QBs and C's.

Also, can we PLEASE get a LONG SNAP rating so I don't have to feel stupid for carrying Patrick Mannelly on the bears when he has a TERRIBLE overall and isn't even good at LONG SNAPPING yet he's their LONG SNAPPER. This case is true for a bunch of teams. Mannelly is a TEAM CAPTAIN but has like a 59 overall or something. Ridiculous.

But if you make ratings matter for certain things then, yeah.

If you shift your O-line around a bunch they should mess up more. There should be a CHEMISTRY rating for your line. Which would affect backing into the QB, botched snaps, blown blocks, etc. Also you could have a chemistry rating for your DB's and LB corps. i think Madden just does a terrible job of breaking a Football team down into the corps that make up a team. There should be more of a sense of that in the game. Building chemistry between your QB and WR's. Chemistry for your Linebacking corp. DB's. D-line. O-line. etc. And in that, you could have these Realistic Mistakes happen with reason and not just randomly.

AND AS ALWAYS. Cant we just get a slider (that works) for this so WE can determine how much we want this in OUR game? At this point in video-gaming EVERYTHING should be an option. Not these ridiculous things we get no say over for NO reason.

Last edited by bhackler; 11-17-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Mistakes are part of the game, therefore yes.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Only in places that you don't control. The QB shouldn't just throw a random bad pass. It should be bad based on how 'I' as the QB threw it.
I disagree to a point.

If you have JaMarcus Russell or Pat White, no amount of "stick skills" should make that QB a solid QB as a passer. It might make them be average (60% completion), with a LOT of effort (i.e. perfect sticks/button timing), but it shouldn't be solely dependent on the user, imo.

Otherwise, ratings are then useless to the player you are controlling, and aren't we wanting Madden to incorporate ratings more...not less...in it's gameplay?

I mean, if you can "stick skill" Russell to be P. Manning, why have Manning? Or Brady? What would be the point?

Same for a HB - if you can take some average HB and stick skill him to be like AP, why bother having Peterson?

Or you get it to where stick skills make Peterson unstoppable because they have to make everyone better...

I think ratings should have the most impact in success and failure. That's what they are supposed to be there for.

Last edited by KBLover; 11-17-2009 at 12:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »