Home

An idea about removing overalls in the future

This is a discussion on An idea about removing overalls in the future within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Or why not move the relevant ratings for each player to the left and move OVR to the far right? I hate having to scroll forever and a day to find out my kickers rating for kick power/accuracy for example, why not just have the screen setup so you can see relevant ratings immediately by group?
This goes for almost every player of every position. I have to scroll to find the ratings on every player before I decided to trade for or sign him. Thats a good idea.

I think that the overall should be less important but I dont think it can be done away with completely
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #26
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
I would love it if EA would allow us to decide which attributes we want hidden. If I had that choice, I would hide every thing accept speed, agility and strength. That way,for an example, if I was trying to aquire a good passing rushing defensive end, I couldn't just look at his finesse or power moves; I'd have to look at his production to gage wether he is a good player or not; that's what coaches have to do in real life.

Coaches do have the ability to scout a player and figure out how good they are at certain things. They don't just look at stat books and say, oh he had 8 sacks, sign him up. They break down film and say, wow, this guy really looks like he can get after the QB.

They don't need to get rid of overalls. They need to take the idea that HC09 had where you could set your philosophy and it would change their overalls. So I could want to create a spread passing offense and say that I want my RBs to be good receivers out of the backfield and guys like Kevin Faulk would appear to have a higher overall than a Frank Gore simply because he would fit my philosophy better.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 11-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

wouldn't that be awesome if in future maddens you could view clips from ncaa before drafting a guy. or even after he's drafted you could view highlights from his college career and earlier on in his nfl career? that would be off the hook!
Old 11-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

btw - the title of this thread brings rather disturbing mental images to one's head..lol
Old 11-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 12

When I read that title I thought "what is so hard about removing these:"

*Actual time may vary.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #30
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I wouldn't mind if there was an option to hide the OVR. Don't eliminate though.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy

Coaches do have the ability to scout a player and figure out how good they are at certain things. They don't just look at stat books and say, oh he had 8 sacks, sign him up. They break down film and say, wow, this guy really looks like he can get after the QB.

They don't need to get rid of overalls. They need to take the idea that HC09 had where you could set your philosophy and it would change their overalls. So I could want to create a spread passing offense and say that I want my RBs to be good receivers out of the backfield and guys like Kevin Faulk would appear to have a higher overall than a Frank Gore simply because he would fit my philosophy better.
That's why speed, agility and strength would still be visible. Do coaches have a set numerical number that tells them player A is better than player B ???

The HC09 still gave too much information. There's no number to tell coaches, in real life, how good a player will be in their system. If that were the case, Brett Farve would've played for the Falcons, not the Packers(who cut him).

Coaches are wrong about players all the time. There are countless players that didn't perform as everyone thought they would. A better solution could be to show every rating; however, sometimes the ratings need to be false. How good of a coaching staff would determine how accurate the ratings would be. Sometimes players flourish due to the systems that they are in.

There are some very successful QBs that play for run oriented teams. If you put some of these QBs, cough*Big Ben*cough in a pass happy offense that throws the ball 40 times a game, they'd struggle. Some players, like Eli Manning, will struggle when they lose their go to guy(Plaxico). Ratings should reflect that.

Let's say you convert a 4-3 DE to an 3-4 OLB. There should be an ajustment period of let's say, at least 4 weeks. If the player is able to make the switch, his coverage ratings should improve after the 4th week.

If course there would be some situations where the player is a lock regardless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #32
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Ratings shouldn't change by having different talent around a guy. Eli is missing Plax, but his ratings should still be the same. His performance will suffer and be reflected in the stats.

NFL coaches have hours and hours of film to watch as well as practice
time to evaluate a player. We don't have that luxury in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »