Home

An idea about removing overalls in the future

This is a discussion on An idea about removing overalls in the future within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #33
Banned
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jun 2009
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Ratings shouldn't change by having different talent around a guy. Eli is missing Plax, but his ratings should still be the same. His performance will suffer and be reflected in the stats.

NFL coaches have hours and hours of film to watch as well as practice
time to evaluate a player. We don't have that luxury in Madden.
Ratings are what effects performance in a video game. Eli is probably a bad example; Plax is only one player. You're right, Eli's ratings shouldn't decline due to the loss of a single player; however, a QB who flourishes in a run oriented offense may struggle in a more pass oriented offense. Some QBs have struggled when making this transition, some haven't. So in the game, in my opinion, some players should struggle when making transitions like the ones I just mentioned. The only way to really do that is to lower the awareness and accuracy ratings of the QB. Since we don't have the vision cone, awareness meaning nothing; the accuracy has to take a hit. If we still had the cone, they could just make the cone smaller to simulate a QB struggling a in system that's not a good fit for him.

If you put a 4-3 DE at DE in a 3-4 defense, his overall ratings should take a hit.

However it's done, in my opinion, the ratings shouldn't be a 100% accurate in the franchise mode. Coaches make bad decisions and player's digress for reasons other than injury and age.

Last edited by Dmacho; 11-19-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Dmacho is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #34
Pro
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Mar 2008
Blog Entries: 14
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Ratings are what effects performance in a video game. Eli is probably a bad example; Plax is only one player. You're right, Eli's ratings shouldn't decline due to the loss of a single player; however, a QB who flourishes in a run oriented offense may struggle in a more pass oriented offense. Some QBs have struggled when making this transition, some haven't. So in the game, in my opinion, some players should struggle when making transitions like the ones I just mentioned. The only way to really do that is to lower the awareness and accuracy ratings of the QB. Since we don't have the vision cone, awareness meaning nothing; the accuracy has to take a hit. If we still had the cone, they could just make the cone smaller to simulate a QB struggling a in system that's not a good fit for him.

If you put a 4-3 DE at DE in a 3-4 defense, his overall ratings should take a hit.

However it's done, in my opinion, the ratings shouldn't be a 100% accurate in the franchise mode. Coaches make bad decisions and player's digress for reasons other than injury and age.
If you took away overalls this wouldn't matter. A 4-3 Def end would have skills to reflect that and his play would decline in a 4-3. And QBs that win but only because of a great D or run game will have low Pass numbers but if you use them correctly can still win you games. IE: Trent Dilfer, Derek Anderson, Pennington


This can still be done with this years madden you just have to know that OVR ratings mean jack **** and are there for the casual gamer. For example i just saw a thread about how Nnamdi Asomugha went from a 99 to 98 in the update 2morrow with out listing what went down so its irrelevant.
trick02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #35
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

I skipped over alot of this thread because I have my own opinion on this subject. I don't think OVR should be removed, because it is a good basis for talent. However, I wish that the player with the higher OVR wasn't always put as a starter on the CPU depth chart. On the Titans, Nick Harper is the 2nd highest rated corner, but is absolutely horrible. Gives up big plays and catches due to a horrible man cover rating and being slow. But he has a high OVR due to his AWR rating, it seems. Mike Mickens, a guy who is a 66 OVR plays lightyears better than Harper. About 15 points higher in man coverage and just a little less zone coverage (I play alot of man). The drawback is his AWR, which only seems to get him penalized for face masks and PI than anything.

OVR doesn't always give you the best player, and I wish there was a better way for CPU teams to set their depth charts
Senior Whitebread is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 02:17 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame
 
ODogg's Arena
 
OVR: 51
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 36,041
Blog Entries: 8
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
When I read that title I thought "what is so hard about removing these:"

haha, me too, i was like, wtf is this thread all about???
__________________
"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
ODogg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:03 AM   #37
Pro
 
carnalnirvana's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: brooklyn, ny
Posts: 1,986
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Whitebread
I skipped over alot of this thread because I have my own opinion on this subject. I don't think OVR should be removed, because it is a good basis for talent. However, I wish that the player with the higher OVR wasn't always put as a starter on the CPU depth chart. On the Titans, Nick Harper is the 2nd highest rated corner, but is absolutely horrible. Gives up big plays and catches due to a horrible man cover rating and being slow. But he has a high OVR due to his AWR rating, it seems. Mike Mickens, a guy who is a 66 OVR plays lightyears better than Harper. About 15 points higher in man coverage and just a little less zone coverage (I play alot of man). The drawback is his AWR, which only seems to get him penalized for face masks and PI than anything.

OVR doesn't always give you the best player, and I wish there was a better way for CPU teams to set their depth charts
this is exactly why i wish OVR would be dropped, let people build their depth charts based on who is best for the job not on who has the highest rating, becuae i know alot of people are obsessed with this rating. they only want 90+ players, i hate that in madden all players are good at everything, ex. joey porter this dude is a pass rusher he should not be in coverage, his coverage numbers should be low 50's but to heep him 90+ they pad his numbers, same with guys like AD he does not need 90+ in break tackle, stiff arm, juke, spin, elusiveness etc.... all to make him a 99
__________________
NOW PLAYING: NBA Live 18, madden 18, battlefield 1, F1 2017 and injustice 2

#18 greatest EVA....
carnalnirvana is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #38
Banned
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Aug 2009
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

No way - keep the OVR rating and just give us the option to have it be invisible so we cannot see it and we have to look at the stats like Pass Block, Run Block and determine for our self which player should start.
2Koalition is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #39
Rookie
 
jimmyy201's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: May 2008
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

U guys aren't seeing some of my reasons for it.
DEs in a 34D are more like DTs. And because the overalss are judged by 43D. So every teams 34 DEs in madden are actually higher rated then what they should be just to make there overalls more accurate.
jimmyy201 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #40
All Star
 
DonkeyJote's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bremerton, WA
Posts: 7,329
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
this is exactly why i wish OVR would be dropped, let people build their depth charts based on who is best for the job not on who has the highest rating, becuae i know alot of people are obsessed with this rating. they only want 90+ players, i hate that in madden all players are good at everything, ex. joey porter this dude is a pass rusher he should not be in coverage, his coverage numbers should be low 50's but to heep him 90+ they pad his numbers, same with guys like AD he does not need 90+ in break tackle, stiff arm, juke, spin, elusiveness etc.... all to make him a 99
Exactly (though I disagree about Adrian Petersen, he should have high ratings in all those things since he's really good about all of that). Football is becoming a more and more specialized and situational game. Linebackers and linemen are rotated depending on situation all the time. Same with running backs, and to a lesser extent WR's. The only position that effectively gets rotated is RB right now in Madden. How good the linebacker is overall isn't important. How good he is against the run or against the pass individually is a lot more important.
DonkeyJote is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 PM.

Top -