Home

An idea about removing overalls in the future

This is a discussion on An idea about removing overalls in the future within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: An idea about removing overalls in the future

i think no overalls & certain skill just being able to be scouted is a good idea. some players do just have a natural ability & other take a certain chemistry to be great, just look at Sidney Rice, Sidney was a no name until Favre came in. it doesn't exactly mean Rice should get a ratings boost. its all a matter of the type of players you have on the team, how you use them & the chemistry between them...not the amount of the best overall.

for franchise purpose though maybe just have a range of abilities like APF2k8 had but a set of levels for it to see some type of progression or degression. it sounds like a RPG format but i think its better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #42
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree that overalls should change based on system, especially with regards to the 3-4. This is one of the most requested topics this year so I really hope they look at it.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
However it's done, in my opinion, the ratings shouldn't be a 100% accurate in the franchise mode. Coaches make bad decisions and player's digress for reasons other than injury and age.
This goes to a deeper point than just hiding/removing OVR.

Madden needs a real scouting system with the chance for the scouts to be wrong in addition to philosophy-based weighting to OVR.

That and hiding/making scouts be wrong about a guys potential sometimes.

I think that would go a long way to franchise player evaluation.

As far as removing them outright - I don't see why OVR is "needed". People have said "you have to have them". Why? What would happen to the game if OVR was dead and gone? You'd have to look at skills? Don't gamers do this anyway? What's the difference?
Old 11-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
This goes to a deeper point than just hiding/removing OVR.

Madden needs a real scouting system with the chance for the scouts to be wrong in addition to philosophy-based weighting to OVR.

That and hiding/making scouts be wrong about a guys potential sometimes.

I think that would go a long way to franchise player evaluation.

As far as removing them outright - I don't see why OVR is "needed". People have said "you have to have them". Why? What would happen to the game if OVR was dead and gone? You'd have to look at skills? Don't gamers do this anyway? What's the difference?
+1
Old 11-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #45
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'd love to see zero ratings except the given 40 time, bench press etc....
Let the play on the field say who can do what...like catching, awareness.
Build in a combine system to evaluate players before draft and use practice/pre-season mode also for the other players.

Pipe dream I know....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2009, 02:05 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I'd love to see zero ratings except the given 40 time, bench press etc....
Let the play on the field say who can do what...like catching, awareness.
Build in a combine system to evaluate players before draft and use practice/pre-season mode also for the other players.

Pipe dream I know....
That would open a whole new can of worms. Chris Henry, a runningback previously on the Titans, ran a 4.33 at the combine but was nowhere near that fast on the field. He also benched 30 reps, I believe. Those drills have never, and will never, gauge a football player on the field.

On the topic of potential, I think a confidence rating should be involved. If a player with an A potential but a low confidence has a bad string of games or a bad year, his potential would drop as a result. Similar to what happened to Vince Young last year. His confidence fell, and that killed his play. But when he got his confidence back, you see how well he's playing this year
Old 11-21-2009, 03:26 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 9

how about no overall and no attributes and we have to guess how fast or strong the player is
Old 11-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 16

So other then the nonsense the only argument against this is that itl **** up player contracts and how they are done in madden correct?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »