Home

Do you NEED a new Madden game every year?

This is a discussion on Do you NEED a new Madden game every year? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #9
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Do you NEED a new Madden game every year?

The main goal for software companies is to make money. All software products have their share of bugs. I don't think EA's best interest is to revamp the engine. In fact, I really don't think they need to make a new engine. Isn't the NG relatively new anyways?

If EA skipped a year, they would lose money and consumers would buy another product.

Can you name a sports video game that does what you are proposing?
Old 11-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 36

ea has the best engine around. unless they buy the euphoria engine which we have no proof if it is good, then we are not getting a new engine. There aren't just engines lying around. And which engine would you want to be replaced?
Old 11-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5

This will NEVER happen.

case in point: I was talking to a friend of mine this weekend who is a BIG madden player. He wanted me to get online to play , and I told him I was waiting for patch 2 to drop before I played any more games. To which he replied, "Whats patch 2?". I explained that there was another patch coming to fix some of the problems that exist in the game. Not only was he unaware that there was a patch 1, he argued with me that there are no problems at all with this game.

My friend is more the typical madden player than anybody on this or any other message board. When I suggested to him that he come on this board and check it out to see what people are saying, he laughed and said , "no way, I'd rather just play the game"

If EA did not release this game every year, THAT is when he would be upset. Because the majority of people play this game as it is without a second thought. Like 99.9 %.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #12
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkorean
It's not even that simple: gamers need to send a message to Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, etc., who in turn have to send a message to EA. Once the retailers buy from EA, it's the retailers that take the immediate hit, not EA. Only when the retailers stop stocking up on Madden will EA care.
By not purchasing, Best Buy and the others would take the first hit your right, but the economy is down and they would be quick to take the message to EA. I couldn't get Modern Warfare 2 first night because stores didnt want to overstock in this economy, they had enough copies for the preorders and not much more so they wouldn't be overstocked.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Everyone is making good points but I would like to remind you that I'm not suggesting that EA would no longer support Madden 10. Madden 10 would still be supported with DLC (rosters, commentary as one person posted, new uniforms, stadiums).

I'm also not proposing to stop buying Madden every year, so let's hop off that train right now.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Lets not forget Madden has a Monopoly on the market. As long as the NFL gives them exclusive rights they will have no incentive to cut into their profit margin to make the game better.

We can play pretend all we want, but lets no kids ourselves, there is NOTHING motivating EA to spend money on any real overhaul.

I guentee you if ESPN Football was still around today then Madden would be a better game. Got to have competition in a free market.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

Nope. I think its a little irresponsible as a consumer to buy it every year.

My only concern is if the game will be fun 100% offline. I mostlikely will go for another sports title next year. I keep hearing good things about the show and FIFA.

Lol I'm a minimalist by nature. I wouldn't know what to do with more than a couple games a year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #16
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

This topic is frequently discussed and we all know this will never happen. I personally think Madden would be less exciting if they went away from yearly releases. This would also decrease Operation Sports's traffic and confuse the masses (typical Madden gamers).

Last edited by MattIntellect; 11-18-2009 at 03:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »