Home

Do you NEED a new Madden game every year?

This is a discussion on Do you NEED a new Madden game every year? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Do you NEED a new Madden game every year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
This will NEVER happen.

case in point: I was talking to a friend of mine this weekend who is a BIG madden player. He wanted me to get online to play , and I told him I was waiting for patch 2 to drop before I played any more games. To which he replied, "Whats patch 2?". I explained that there was another patch coming to fix some of the problems that exist in the game. Not only was he unaware that there was a patch 1, he argued with me that there are no problems at all with this game.

My friend is more the typical madden player than anybody on this or any other message board. When I suggested to him that he come on this board and check it out to see what people are saying, he laughed and said , "no way, I'd rather just play the game"

If EA did not release this game every year, THAT is when he would be upset. Because the majority of people play this game as it is without a second thought. Like 99.9 %.
EXACTLY. People are still failing to realize that the mass amounts of people who play Madden aren't the "sim heads" who frequent these websites.

Trust me we aren't even a fraction of EAs Madden sales. The millions of folks who buy it pretty much like it. That might be hard for SOME people on here to grasp, but its true.

For every 1 person on this site who knows what a patch is, there are probably 50 who could care a lil bit less, lol. When they see "title update" on the screen probably just press the button, wait til its done and play. They dont have any clue about what just happened.

Out of all the folks I know that play games, I'm the only one that knows about DLC, patches, etc. Forget about it.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
EXACTLY. People are still failing to realize that the mass amounts of people who play Madden aren't the "sim heads" who frequent these websites.

Trust me we aren't even a fraction of EAs Madden sales. The millions of folks who buy it pretty much like it. That might be hard for SOME people on here to grasp, but its true.

For every 1 person on this site who knows what a patch is, there are probably 50 who could care a lil bit less, lol. When they see "title update" on the screen probably just press the button, wait til its done and play. They dont have any clue about what just happened.

Out of all the folks I know that play games, I'm the only one that knows about DLC, patches, etc. Forget about it.
Yes, same here. I am the only one who does an offline franchise, goes online to madden message boards, or waits for patches, among all the people I know who play this game.

Not only that, but the friend I talked about? He doesn't even EVER change sliders. Ever. Doesn't even know what they are, and couldn't care less.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 24

No, but 08 and 09 were such disappointments, I just HAD to try 10. Now that I see how good 10 is, I can skip 11, at least right away. I'll probably wait till next December after the patches drop to buy it.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 5

If they improve man coverage and smarten up flat zone coverage I'll be a happy camper. This generation of madden is not yet a mature game. Still very rough around the edges. Since that is the case they need to release frequent updates either through patches or annual titles
Old 11-18-2009, 04:45 PM   #21
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoot22
Everyone is making good points but I would like to remind you that I'm not suggesting that EA would no longer support Madden 10. Madden 10 would still be supported with DLC (rosters, commentary as one person posted, new uniforms, stadiums).

I'm also not proposing to stop buying Madden every year, so let's hop off that train right now.

Why not? If you are here you must love football games, and the only way we will ever see new nfl games is for sales on madden to go down, so logically any football gamer should be praying Madden sales slash drastically ever year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #22
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

yes, i'll get bored by the time the new release is out
36 months playing one game? NAHHHH

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 11-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #23
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

I dont get the whole 'dont buy Madden' ish, i believe its better to keep the current copy and get updates...You're still playing the most updated game, and in when the title drops we have a better game, instead of a game that has AS MANY flaws, now every game does have flaws. Little things can get fixed (IR) and fewer things over looked, maybe even loosen up the gameplay, and animation, also franchise can become SO in depth...Madden can be as deep as any of these other games than have 2-3 years to develop and tweak.

I think (like broadcast cam & cleats) this thread needs to be strung out and the devs here will have their superiors listen, after all it is up to the big bosses.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 4
Icon3 Re: Do you NEED a new Madden game every year?

I need a new one every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »