Home

draft "clones"

This is a discussion on draft "clones" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
draft "clones"

i know this has been hit upon in a few threads, but is there somewhere i can see a list of the clones names, not just a few here, and a few there?
im coming up on my 1st draft in my online franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
Rookie

bhackler's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: draft "clones"

From gamefaqs.com. Some I agree with some I don't. Didn't write this. Credit is owed elsewhere.

Jack English = John Elway

Kelly James = Jim Kelly

Dane Morrow = Dan Marino

Jake Scott = Ken O'Brien

Tim Tribow = Tim Tebow

Cooper Reno = Peyton Manning

Rob Lane = Ryan Leaf

Darius Pryor = Terrelle Pryor

Michael Bolt = Michael Vick

Tristan Riley = Tom Brady

Chad Gunn = Drew Bledsoe

AJ Cleary = Drew Brees

Daniel Rocker = Jake Locker

Marcus Morris = Donavan McNabb

Alex Hurst = Troy Aikman

JR Myers = John Riggins

Erik Pollard = Mike Alstott

Tank Lockwood = Jerome Bettis

Jelani Okoye = Christian Okoye

LeMarcus Taylor = LaDainian Tomlinson

Ozzie Jones = Barry Sanders

Boar Jackson = Bo Jackson

Erick Nickerson = Eric Dickerson

Darby Miles = Adrian Peterson

Flash Gordon = Randy Moss

Kenny Constantine = Steve Largent

Jehuu Bacon = Michael Irvin

Tez Mitchell = Randy Moss

JaMarion Bellows = Jerry Rice

Karron Cousins = Antonio Gates

Mack Jackson = Brian Urlacher

Juran Riley = Rod Woodson

Sam Simmons = Ray Lewis

Xavier Cox = Jevon Kearse

Tony Feldt = Aaron Smith

Antonio Boxx = Ronnie Lott

Leon Sweetwater = Walter Payton

Devrin Williams = Darren Sproles

Darrick Conroy = Michael Bishop

Matthew Clay = Clay Matthews Jr.

Deandre Miles = Deion Sanders

Terrance Trunk = LeBron James

Niko Buchanon = Charles Woodson

-----------------------------------------------
Unique names and combos
-----------------------------------------------

Reggie Vick = Reggie Bush/Michael Vick Combo

Patrick Chewing = Snickers Commercials

Duce Bullocks = Daniel/Josh Bullocks Combo

Jaison Paysinger = Brian Paysinger/Jaison Williams Combo

Joe Kain = Joe Kane from The Program movie

Again to clarify, i DID NOT WRITE THIS. Credit goes somewhere else.

Last edited by bhackler; 11-18-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

So if I run across these players, do they even have their back ground accurate to the original player?

I.E. would Ozzie Jones (Barry Sanders) be a RB out of Oklahoma St., and would Boar Jackson (Bo Jackson) be a RB out of Auburn, or do they change up what schools they come from?
Old 11-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Some are out of the same school, like ozzie and boar, and some are just similar players, often with similar names and from similar situations such as tristain riley (from ole miss rather than michigan but compared to brady but like brady is overlooked due to lack of a cannon arm but has intangebles to be a star QB) or dane morrow (from penn state rather than pitt but similar name to dan marino and like marino is a pure passer with a great arm and a quick release out of the state of pennsylvania who is overlooked in the draft class full of quarterbacks in favor of the kid from stanford, jack english or john elway)
Old 11-19-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Some are out of the same school, like ozzie and boar, and some are just similar players, often with similar names and from similar situations such as tristain riley (from ole miss rather than michigan but compared to brady but like brady is overlooked due to lack of a cannon arm but has intangebles to be a star QB) or dane morrow (from penn state rather than pitt but similar name to dan marino and like marino is a pure passer with a great arm and a quick release out of the state of pennsylvania who is overlooked in the draft class full of quarterbacks in favor of the kid from stanford, jack english or john elway)
Interesting ... I'm waiting on patch #2 before I start a real franchise so I really haven't played around with drafting much, but I haven't seen any of these players in the classes I did check out.

I'll keep my eyes out for the Barry Sanders or Bettis clones (especially barry) ... I'd love to have one of those two in my backfield!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

I haven't used ozzie jones too much in madden but I am currently using him in HC09 and he is a beast. I am nearing the end of his rookie year and he has taken the starting job from turner and is on pace to win ROY. Haven't seen lockwood, the bettis clone, but also look out for a guy name phillip okafor as he was supposed to be a bettis clone from hc09, not sure if he is in madden or not. Jelani okoye is probably the best change of pace for ozzie though as he is about as powerful of a back as you are going to find.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I haven't used ozzie jones too much in madden but I am currently using him in HC09 and he is a beast. I am nearing the end of his rookie year and he has taken the starting job from turner and is on pace to win ROY. Haven't seen lockwood, the bettis clone, but also look out for a guy name phillip okafor as he was supposed to be a bettis clone from hc09, not sure if he is in madden or not. Jelani okoye is probably the best change of pace for ozzie though as he is about as powerful of a back as you are going to find.
I haven't played any games using Madden created draft classes, but I have to admit it sounds kind of fun to play with some of those guys. Once patch #2 drops I plan to sim the 2009 season, then take over one of the worst teams, so I'll be starting with the off-season and draft. Hopefully some of these guys show up in my first class!
Old 11-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I haven't played any games using Madden created draft classes, but I have to admit it sounds kind of fun to play with some of those guys. Once patch #2 drops I plan to sim the 2009 season, then take over one of the worst teams, so I'll be starting with the off-season and draft. Hopefully some of these guys show up in my first class!

If not just exit and reload until you get the class you want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »