Home

Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

This is a discussion on Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #89
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

Or you could sum it up with sportsmanship. Just because you dont like how the game animates, shouldn't give you the green light to hot route your players to intentionally cause a DB to run into him.

At the end of the day, regardless of our personal opinions the most important opinion is that of the person this strategy is being used against. If you guys wanna play like this and win games using it, feel free. However, you might wanna stop short of claiming superior football knowledge, playing calling, or "stick skills" over another person after winning games like that.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:58 PM   #90

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Out of curiosity, what does it mean to "lab" a game?
Old 11-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #91
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
I think the best way to avoid the needless back and forth between the same three people is to have the people who have super strident convictions about what should/should not be done just write their own manual/gameplay guide, post a link to it, and leave it at that. That way, people who want to be told how to play to make someone else happy know where to look.
No one has told anyone how to play the game, the only thing we have discussed is whether it's an exploit or not. No need to make stuff up Autumn Wind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #92
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Well, to me it means to go into the practice mode and exhaust all possible scenarios until you have a firm grasp of the results of a given play.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #93
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
When someone says lab, they basically mean testing it out, typically under varying conditions to determine the problems and effectiveness / ineffectiveness of the play, or perhaps to discover how to stop a particular play.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #94
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
I don't see a problem with it.

I do know that there are some receivers you really don't want to bump, so there's a built-in, ratings-dependent thing to help deal.

I like the motion routes that eliminate the possibility of the bump (my playbook has a few of them). Wheel routes from the inside of the formation can sometimes come wide open with the playcall as-is, and with a good throw can leave BNR hurting.
I agree, those are some good plays to use as well. This is just one way to beat man BnR coverage.

Even in reg. man D(ie. 2man under), dbs and lbers are supposed to turn and chase.

I remember a league I played in didn't like seeing guys snapping the ball when the WR was still in motion. Now that they are designed play calls in the game were the WR's are in motion when the balls snapped, its all good now

Now I think some may have more of an issue w/ this b/c it involved hot-routing.

Well then that should be discussed in the Madden gripe thread.
Mention that you don't think hot routing is legit in there. This isn't the place to try and make a Madden Gripe, bottom line. Its sad that they even tried to turn this into a Madden gripe thread

Last edited by dfos81; 11-22-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #95
Pro

I honestly would like to know how you would feel if you got beat via this. What if somebody did this to you each time to march down the field?

Please dont simply coat that with "I would manually defend the passes each time." If you want to claim your that good in this game, then clearly you wouldn't need any assistance in getting pass completions.

Have you done any labbing to find this isnt a direct result of the hot routing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #96
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Well, to me it means to go into the practice mode and exhaust all possible scenarios until you have a firm grasp of the results of a given play.
Practice mode! Are we talking about practice mode. Come on man!

I can get alot of things to work over and over in practice mode. Then I get in a franchise game and it never works the same

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »