Home

Tackles or Big Hits

This is a discussion on Tackles or Big Hits within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Tackles or Big Hits

Hey Madden OS Nation.

This game needs some new tackle animations. There are not enough rap up tackles. Also need to take out or tune down the animation where the WR would get flipped when big hit in the air during a catch causing him to lose the ball. This does not happen often in real life, so if feels unreal in this game. It
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 01:56 AM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Tackles or Big Hits

Dynamic tackle animations via ProTak isn't enough?
Old 11-19-2009, 03:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

i was really hoping to see more double hits this year..but it seems if one your guys is tackling the ball carrier then the other guys around him become lifeless(for lack of a better word)
Old 11-19-2009, 03:16 AM   #4
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

I'd like for them to start with reworking ProTak. I'd like to see players quickly falling off the HB, instead of a HB being held up by 6 defenders, and then pulling out of all of them. That just looks silly and very unrealistic. Instead, I'd like to see the players fall off quickly as they hit him with the chance of the tackle / fall off decreasing based on the number of times a player has missed a tackle. IMHO that would look far more realistic and result in many more different / dynamic animations on the field.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:39 AM   #5
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I have made this suggestion before and I will do it again, I think what would make the game alot more appealing and would reduce the amount of same tackle animations we see....take every madden game that has been made since PS2/Xbox was around, and utilize every single tackle animation into one game. Then, to reduce probability, have 3 outcomes for each tackle, one as a broken tackle, one as actually being tackled with a 3rd probability of a fumble animation. This would be great, there are some tackle animations in the older madden's that were brutal and beautiful all in one. Everything wrapped up into one game would be killer!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #6
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

They should track usage for every animation and every commentary. Once it's been used, they need to pop it off the stack (especially true for commentary) and/or reduce the likely hood that it can be used again (more true for tackle animations than commentary).
Old 11-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightofshadow
Hey Madden OS Nation.

This game needs some new tackle animations. There are not enough rap up tackles. Also need to take out or tune down the animation where the WR would get flipped when big hit in the air during a catch causing him to lose the ball. This does not happen often in real life, so if feels unreal in this game. It
I E. Euphoria!
I would rather see the flip(front-flip) animation on runningbacks. WR's usually get their feet take out from under them and just fall on their back(ie. Ray Lewis hit on Ochocinco). And when a Rb or WR gets hit like that, they should be out for a few downs or more. Its like the "Big Hits" don't matter enough.

It really baffles me where they get some of these animations from
Old 11-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #8
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I think the large hits should increase fatigue levels momentarily, which in turn should trigger the auto-sub out slider/option to take effect, this shows that the big hit knocked the breath out of the player or gave them a stinger and they have to leave for a few plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »