Home

OS Sports Review Mentioned in Madden Commercial

This is a discussion on OS Sports Review Mentioned in Madden Commercial within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
All Star
 
Valdarez's Arena
 
OVR: 51
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 5,091
Blog Entries: 33
OS Sports Review Mentioned in Madden Commercial

I'm watching SouthPark that I Tivo'd from the other night, and a commercial came on touting Madden. Interestingly enough it mentioned Operation Sports. Thought it interesting to see OS mentioned.
__________________
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/Valdarez
Read My Blog - Vision Is Everything
Valdarez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: OS Sports Review Mentioned in Madden Commercial

yeah, i saw that last night. My first thought was, "why a Madden commercial now??"...Then I saw OS and got all excited. The funniest part to me was the graphic that read, "The highest rated Madden in 5 years"....
Big_Mig_11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame
 
BlueNGold's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 22,061
Blog Entries: 1
Re: OS Sports Review Mentioned in Madden Commercial

Yeah I seen it last night watching TUF.

OS gettin' big time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtxmale
I like 6 inches. Its not too thin and not too thick. You get the support your body needs.



BlueNGold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
All Star
 
Valdarez's Arena
 
OVR: 51
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 5,091
Blog Entries: 33
Re: OS Sports Review Mentioned in Madden Commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Mig_11
yeah, i saw that last night. My first thought was, "why a Madden commercial now??"...Then I saw OS and got all excited. The funniest part to me was the graphic that read, "The highest rated Madden in 5 years"....
Yeah, I wonder if that's true? I haven't looked at all of the reviews. IMHO it deserves to be the highest one in 5 years, but on the flip side I think ALL sports games get rated FAR higher than they should. Some of these games get rated 9.0 and higher, and I don't see how these games which are virtually the same every year match up to the A++ titles on the market.
__________________
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/Valdarez
Read My Blog - Vision Is Everything
Valdarez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Mar 2008
Blog Entries: 8
Re: OS Sports Review Mentioned in Madden Commercial

As long as OS does not let the publicity affect their objectivity then it wouldn't be a bad thing. I generally reference Pasta Padre's reviews when I am trying to make a decision to purchase a game or not though. I think he has done a better job of pointing out the positives AND the negatives of sports titles. It is just my opinion and I could be wrong but I think OS has been less critical. Not sure if this is because they do not want to alienate developers who frequent the board or what. So while I enjoy the large forums here, I prefer to get my game review information from Pasta. No he doesn't give a grade but he let's you know what matters....is the game enjoyable and worth the purchase.
labguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
All Star
 
Valdarez's Arena
 
OVR: 51
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 5,091
Blog Entries: 33
Re: OS Sports Review Mentioned in Madden Commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by labguy
As long as OS does not let the publicity affect their objectivity then it wouldn't be a bad thing. I generally reference Pasta Padre's reviews when I am trying to make a decision to purchase a game or not though. I think he has done a better job of pointing out the positives AND the negatives of sports titles. It is just my opinion and I could be wrong but I think OS has been less critical. Not sure if this is because they do not want to alienate developers who frequent the board or what. So while I enjoy the large forums here, I prefer to get my game review information from Pasta. No he doesn't give a grade but he let's you know what matters....is the game enjoyable and worth the purchase.
Don't get me started on pasta, he's 100% certified EA owned prime meat. Pasta reports the 'truth', but his writing style is extremely misleading. He leads with positives relating to EA, while burying the negatives, and then leads with negatives against 2K while burying and/or ignoring the positives.

OS with regards to it's reviews are pretty unbiased from everything I have read, so I don't think you have anything to worry about there. Glad they got the press on TV.

Did anyone verify if Madden really is the highest rated Madden in 5 years? Just curious. (IMHO it easily should be)
__________________
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/Valdarez
Read My Blog - Vision Is Everything
Valdarez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
Rookie
 
tylerd02's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Re: OS Sports Review Mentioned in Madden Commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I'm watching SouthPark that I Tivo'd from the other night, and a commercial came on touting Madden. Interestingly enough it mentioned Operation Sports. Thought it interesting to see OS mentioned.

That's funny, I had the same thing happen to me lastnight too.
tylerd02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #8
Rookie
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: OS Sports Review Mentioned in Madden Commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Yeah, I wonder if that's true? I haven't looked at all of the reviews. IMHO it deserves to be the highest one in 5 years, but on the flip side I think ALL sports games get rated FAR higher than they should. Some of these games get rated 9.0 and higher, and I don't see how these games which are virtually the same every year match up to the A++ titles on the market.
Im sure its true. They are comparing to Madden 06 for the last gen, which was the last great football game for me. The reason why I was interested in that statement is bc that is admitting that you have been unable to improve on a game made 5 years ago, which is sad. Obviously there are thousands of reasons why and Im not bashing, but I was surprised EA put that in there.
Big_Mig_11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 PM.

Top -