Home

Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money

This is a discussion on Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2009, 11:21 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money

This is actually a helpful thing when it comes to certain players. In my Titans franchise, after year one Jacob Ford became a Free Agent at 81 overall. When I tried to resign him, he was demanding over 10 million a year. So I let him walk, and he signs with Dallas. The only problem was, Dallas signed him to a 5 year 20 million dollar deal.

Point is, the game makes it ridiculously hard to sign free agents. I don't like to do this to everyone, and I don't use it to sign them to the minimum. I do, however, use this trick and sign them to the deal they want, and then move their position back. I limit it to two players per off-season.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:10 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Never understood cheating in order to play a game. Entirely defeats the purpose of playing.
Its not cheating when you're paying them their salary.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:05 AM   #11
Rookie

FearTheTurtle's Arena

I have yet to do this, but I would not consider it cheating. It is completely ridiculous that the CPU can sign any free agent in-season for peanuts, but the same players will demand multi-year eight-figure contracts from user controlled teams.

And for those of you complaining about this work around being unrealistic, how realistic is the way in-season free agency works? It is not, end of story.

Last edited by FearTheTurtle; 11-20-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

A tip to win the Super Bowl every year is to just turn the game off when you're about to lose and just start over.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #13
Rookie

bhackler's Arena

OVR: 3

So wait a second... People moan and complain about how ratings mean nothing in this game and punters make viable o-linemen regardless of ratings and so on. Then everyone gets high and mighty when it comes to manipulating signings to get good players to a team, saying its cheating because it equals INSTANT SUPER BOWL VICTORY!?

Like it's SOOO hard to win the Super Bowl ANYWAY!

I'm not for or against this. I use it to liberate players and get past the piss-poor draft logic and free agent signing logic (Seriously, am I the only person that see's the Jets signing at least 6 RB's every offseason? In my franchise right now, 4th season, the Redskins have Clinton Portis, Shonn Greene, Reggie Bush, Michael Bush, Michael Bell and 2 rookies at RB. 5 80+ players) I don't view this as cheating any more than controlling all 32 teams, which I do in all of my franchises.

I understand that some homers will use it to build a team with Peyton Manning and Tom Brady at QB and Adrian Peterson and MJD at RB and so on... but who cares. If ridiculous dream teams are your thing then why not.

Good to see the reality police has come out to look down on this though.

Last edited by bhackler; 11-20-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #14
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

I not sure what the point of this would be. It's already too easy to have a good team why would you need to do this to make it easier. I love the way free agency works. It shouldn't be easy to keep everyone and you should have to make tough decisions on who to keep. People take less money to go to other teams, it happens, maybe not the frequency of madden but if it makes it harder to field a good team i'm all for that. If you want every great player and to keep them just turn of salary cap and save yourself some time.

Hackler makes a good point though, to each there own.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #15
Rookie

FearTheTurtle's Arena

The point is that if you have a player go on IR and need to replace him, you shouldn't have to break the bank to get a semi-decent backup.

It's not about getting the best team in the easiest way. It's about everything being even. The CPU should not be able to sign Chris McAlister for the minimum while he demands a multi-million dollar deal from a user controlled team.

As I said before, I haven't done this, but I would if the need arose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #16
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8

I think it's good to use when you want to keep a star player

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »