Home

Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money

This is a discussion on Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #17
Rookie

FearTheTurtle's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportskid84
I think it's good to use when you want to keep a star player
That's the attitude that is getting people all worked up.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #18
Rookie

clubbjr's Arena

OVR: 3

Never done it, but jacking around last night in offline league went to edit player to see... moved them to Punter rating at 12, but would not let me save? said somthing about have to update roster click cancle or decline ... O well just farting around
Old 11-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #19
Rookie

Libitinarius's Arena

OVR: 5

I think the "dirt cheap" strategy is good for signing backups. I've had too many instances when my backup LT rated 76 wants a 5 year contract that starts at $5.68 million a year or something like that. Also, with star and semi-star players, changing them to a position that would get them a reasonable salary doesn't seem like a bad idea. I guess it all depends on why a certain person plays the game...
Old 11-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

The outcry over this is insane. The FA system is broken. If it was just a player here and there demanding outrageous salaries because they don't really want to come to your team, it would be great.

Personally, I use this loophole judiciously. I do have house rules set up to prevent me from abusing it. I just think that it is ridiculous to have to sign a FA for a few games due to injury and have to pay them astronomical amounts of money. Or, my favorite, a player gets injured going into the last game of the season and you have to pay him a ridiculous amount for one game.

What I do is look at the salaries for the player's position and similar skill sets and pay him accordingly. You don't have to sign them to the minimum of what it allows.

Yeah, you could steal players in the draft every year. The draft is way to easy. I would say in two to three years you could replace every important player on your team with someone who is similarly skilled or much better (especially speed), but maybe some people want to keep some of the actual real players on their team.

Oh, well, too each their own.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:57 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

thats such a dirty move,if your going to do that just turn the salary off come on folks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 06:26 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

EA just needs to address this.

Maybe some like the "challenge for the sake of challenge" aspect, but I hate stuff like that.

Give me challenge by making the AI be a better team builder and a better strategist and tactician.

Not by handicapping me with "rules" that the AI can laugh at and bypass.

I won't do this because it's no more realistic than what the current system is, but the problem isn't this, imo, it's that the system is that screwed to make something like this even thought of.

Of course, if the game wasn't so position oriented and just be straight skills oriented, loopholes like this wouldn't even exist. A top player with SPD, AWR, CTH, and breaking tackles would just require a lot to sign and no way to get out of it by "making him a punter".
Old 11-20-2009, 07:06 PM   #23
Rookie

bhackler's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
EA just needs to address this.

Maybe some like the "challenge for the sake of challenge" aspect, but I hate stuff like that.

Give me challenge by making the AI be a better team builder and a better strategist and tactician.

Not by handicapping me with "rules" that the AI can laugh at and bypass.

I won't do this because it's no more realistic than what the current system is, but the problem isn't this, imo, it's that the system is that screwed to make something like this even thought of.

Of course, if the game wasn't so position oriented and just be straight skills oriented, loopholes like this wouldn't even exist. A top player with SPD, AWR, CTH, and breaking tackles would just require a lot to sign and no way to get out of it by "making him a punter".
Well said. A player should be awarded with a contract for his SKILL SET. Not what he's RATED at a position.

Also, in the year 2009 you're telling me this is the best system we can have for NEGOTIATING contracts? One simple screen where you play "move the slider until you get a deal."
Old 11-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #24
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

Cheating makes games entertaining.

Every year I run a sim chise and my chise. In my chise I do whatever the hell I want to maximize fun. My top two wideouts are Harvin and D JAckson.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »