Home

Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money

This is a discussion on Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhackler
Also, in the year 2009 you're telling me this is the best system we can have for NEGOTIATING contracts? One simple screen where you play "move the slider until you get a deal."
Hate to bring up HC 09, but at least that had the semblance of a negotiation.

Player would make his demand, then you make your offer. Either the player accepts or rejects. If he rejects, he counters or walks (chances depend on his personality type, his approval of you/your team, and what your offer was).

Only thing I don't like about that system is that you're given packages you can offer (i.e. you can't make your own packages). Makes it hard/impossible to get creative in low cap number but tons of incentives, or back-loaded/front-loaded, etc. Then again, it might be more realistic as a team wouldn't make an offer to a guy that had zero chance of being accepted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

I use this glitch, but I only sign 2 of my franchise talents to the league low. I figure this better then going into each new FA roster filler signing to a 1yr deal to a league min. It is really irritating to sign some scrubs to million dollar deals. I figure the 2 franchise talents balance this out.

I see nothing wrong with a little manipulation. Like how some have said, FA is busted. It needs to be focused on a lot before Madden 11, among other things.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:01 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Hate to bring up HC 09, but at least that had the semblance of a negotiation.

Player would make his demand, then you make your offer. Either the player accepts or rejects. If he rejects, he counters or walks (chances depend on his personality type, his approval of you/your team, and what your offer was).

Only thing I don't like about that system is that you're given packages you can offer (i.e. you can't make your own packages). Makes it hard/impossible to get creative in low cap number but tons of incentives, or back-loaded/front-loaded, etc. Then again, it might be more realistic as a team wouldn't make an offer to a guy that had zero chance of being accepted.
Teams do make offers like that sometimes. The Titans offered Haynesworth a 40 year deal for 4 years, but they pretty well knew he wasn't going to take it. They made the offer for the sake of making it, apparently.

I remember in Madden 09 every year I would draft NCAA players, some of them would be OVER 100 in certain categories. Percy Harvin, for example, was always a 103 in return. This QB I had recruited during the seasons I used to get the draft classes even came out with a 101 speed rating. I thought that was cool.

I pretty much think that all ratings should be scaled even lower. I know Peyton Manning is the best, but even he shouldn't be maxed out. The "cap" should be 99, but I don't think any player should ever come close to that number. For example, Chris Johnson is the fastest player in the NFL right now, and has a 99 to show for it. But at any time someone could come in an be faster than him (scary thought). Therefore, I think CJ's speed should be around a 90. Just stretched out alot more
Old 11-21-2009, 05:56 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by miahwitt60
thats such a dirty move,if your going to do that just turn the salary off come on folks
How is it dirty if you put severe limitations on it. I, for example, like the challenge of not having the best team. It is just plain stupid when you can't retain mediocre players and a few of the guys you like. Having a salary cap and limiting how you use this "glitch" keeps things in check. For example, I used it to sign backups, the highest of which was a 72, I believe. How is that breaking the system.

If I have to, I will use it to retain John Carlson. Carlson has medium speed, but he happens to be one of my favorite players. I also would pay Carlson whatever the guys that have his OVR are making. If he is a 99 I will pay him what the other 99 rated TE's are making.

It is ridiculous when the CPU can get every player for better deals 100% of the time. All I am doing is getting my player for what the CPU is getting their players at.

Having Salary Cap on allows me to still limit the amount of high salaried players I have and therefore I cannot stack my team.

I say, Thank God for this glitch. Not being able to recognize anyone on your team 4 or 5 years in is ridiculous. They really need to address Franchise Mode.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:08 PM   #29
Rookie

bhackler's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Whitebread
The Titans offered Haynesworth a 40 year deal
WHOA! Talk about LOCKING HIM DOWN FOR LIFE!!! j/k!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #30
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I don't understand the need to cheat in Madden. How bad are you at this game? Most people impose house rules just to try an make this game a challenge and we have a thread about an old known exploit to make Madden even easier to play?!?

Wow.

As someone else said, did you know you can also just edit your players ratings and set the game to EAsy and win 30 superbowls in a row? Mmm.. now that sounds like fun to me.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 15

I for one am glad this glitch exists. In order to run a semi-realistic and fun offline franchise, I need to control all 32 teams. Certain teams tend to spend too much on free agents and get into cap hell quickly when I don't monitor them dilligently. With the help of this glitch, I'll be able to focus more on my team rather than fixing every other team's mistakes.

Last edited by CW McGraw; 11-22-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 03:33 AM   #32
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiA
First change their position to a complete different position which gives them a very low overall rating. Then sign them cheaply to a big contract and then again switch them back to their original position.

Works perfectly!!

Edit: Same can be done with free agents. When you switch them to a different position nobody will make them an offer having a very low overall rating. After you signed them change their positions back to their real ones. LOL
Hmm talk about been fake. That is not realism dude. If that what it takes for you to keep your best go right ahead. But me I wheather do it the right way. If means lossing a top guy because I can't afford it. So be it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »