Home

Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money

This is a discussion on Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money

I'm not sure why people have to go after the way other people want to play the game they paid their own $60 for?

With that being said, it may be that a FA won't sign with your team because he doesn't like your team or want to play for you (unless you offer him $$$).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #42
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
I'm not sure why people have to go after the way other people want to play the game they paid their own $60 for?

With that being said, it may be that a FA won't sign with your team because he doesn't like your team or want to play for you (unless you offer him $$$).
Totally agree. Lots of different ways to have fun with the game. I love to build up my Chiefs into a powerhouse, but have lots of "house rules" to keep it all as realistic as possible.

On the other hand, my nephew, who's 12, likes to create a god-like RB, name the CAP after himself, and totally dominate. It's how he has fun with Madden.

To each his own.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 5

i haven't played with franchise mode b/c I'm too busy online. But why don't people play the game the way it was designed. Get the best players you can afford. Maybe your team will have a crappy RB but a really good QB. Or maybe you'll have a stacked offense but no cap room to improve you defense. Perhaps it wasn't designed for you to build a dynasty (they aren't easy to build in real life either)

I guess i'm saying stop trying to make the game play the way you want it to and play the game the way it is. all this house rules stuff is bonkers
Old 11-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus82
i haven't played with franchise mode b/c I'm too busy online. But why don't people play the game the way it was designed. Get the best players you can afford. Maybe your team will have a crappy RB but a really good QB. Or maybe you'll have a stacked offense but no cap room to improve you defense. Perhaps it wasn't designed for you to build a dynasty (they aren't easy to build in real life either)

I guess i'm saying stop trying to make the game play the way you want it to and play the game the way it is. all this house rules stuff is bonkers
Well, since the game allows you to do this you could argue that these folks are playing the game the way it was designed.

Why don't we just stop trying to pass judgement on the way others choose to play this game.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hi,

in my Packers franchise it works only for FA signing. If i switch Al Harris to P and try to resign him he wants the same money as his original position. Or will it work only at the end of season?

greets

Thomy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 03:55 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomypacker
Hi,

in my Packers franchise it works only for FA signing. If i switch Al Harris to P and try to resign him he wants the same money as his original position. Or will it work only at the end of season?

greets

Thomy
the problem here could be that he still gets lots of guaranteed money from his current contract. That doesn't change when you re-sign him.

I have had this issue, too with players like Justin Smith for example.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus82

If you don't have some sort of "house rules" it is way too easy to build a dynasty. With the draft you can have a great QB, RB, four WRs, etc, etc. Basically you can obtain up to 10 draft picks and no matter if they are 6th and 7th rounders you still get 1st round talent. So basically within 4 or 5 years you can have 40 to 50 drafted players still under contract. In fact, technically you are at a disadvantage the higher you pick because you have to guarantee more money.

So, it's a matter of setting house rules in order to keep it real and have perhaps a disparity of talent over multiple positions.

BTW, I wouldn't even have gotten this involved in this thread except people act like this is some kind of terrible cheat.

There is no realism in FA signings. It's not a matter of whether they like you or not, its a matter of fact that they will not sign with you for a realistic salary. Sure, you could replace them with a rookie and have cheaper talent (probably more talent), but it is not realistic to basically lose 100% of your FA and all 10 rookies come in and they are way better and more talented than Pro Bowl caliber players right off the bat.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #48
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

Never tried this but I definitely would if needed. I'm in my 7th season with my Cowboys franchise and seem to be juggling salary cap/cap penalties and retaining top tier talent very well. Allthough it is very frustrating to offer one of my guys a few contracts and just have to keep uping the salary untill I say screw it and just let him go because he wants WAY too much money. Allthough the salaries of real life players just keep groming and growing, so maybe it IS realistic. But to turn around and see that same player signed for a 1 year 650k deal is horrible! I mean the Colts sigend Casey Klossum from Notre Dame. He'd been with the Panthers for like 4-5 years and, they just let him go, probably because they have resigned Deangelo Williams and picked up Matt Forte. Not to mention they still have Manning at 39 years old and rated a 99. Klossum is like a 92. Riddiculous. Oh and the Rams let Tebow go and he got picked up by somebody for a 1 year 650k deal! He's like a 99 with the highest potential in the league! Come On! Meanwhile I have to pay my guys BIG salaries. Like I said I haven't used this work around yet but considering the CPU/AI cheats... I say do whatever you have to to make it work.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »