Home

Putting a player in motion

This is a discussion on Putting a player in motion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Putting a player in motion

You shouldn't be able to put players in motion at all. Qb's don't go to the line a decide "I think I'll move Steve Smith to the other side of the formation." If there's motion, it was originally part of the play.

Plus, you shouldn't be able to move a player back after sending him in motion, because you would never see that in real life. I could see having a guy stop halfway and move back, but that doesn't happen very often either.

If you want to read man/zone, do it like a real QB would. Look at where the LB's are lining up. After the snap, the first thing I always read is the LB's and Safetys. They will tell you if its man or zone.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I could see having a guy stop halfway and move back, but that doesn't happen very often either.
actually, this happens all the time.

this should definitely be allowed in madden.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 11-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
actually, this happens all the time.

this should definitely be allowed in madden.
You misunderstand me. This does happen, but it is predetermined much of the time. It is a part of the play. Occasionally, they will just add this on to an already existing play in the huddle, but not very often. If a guy goes in motion at any time in an offense, it's almost always a part of the play, not something added in at the line of scrimmage. There should be much, much more motion in the Madden playbooks, but most, if not all, LOS motioning should be gone. It just doesn't happen in the NFL. It's not something you "see on Sundays."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #12
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
You shouldn't be able to put players in motion at all. Qb's don't go to the line a decide "I think I'll move Steve Smith to the other side of the formation." If there's motion, it was originally part of the play.

Plus, you shouldn't be able to move a player back after sending him in motion, because you would never see that in real life. I could see having a guy stop halfway and move back, but that doesn't happen very often either.

If you want to read man/zone, do it like a real QB would. Look at where the LB's are lining up. After the snap, the first thing I always read is the LB's and Safetys. They will tell you if its man or zone.
I'm fairly certain I've seen then put a guy in motion and send them back to see if they are in man or zone.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 5

I never was one of those guys who needed to motion presnap every single play to get the coverage. I didn't have the patience for it. But I understand why you would want to do it. Goal line passes are much easier if you can get a read on what kind of defense your'e facing.

I'm glad they have crippled the reversing aspect of motioning because man align apparently hasn't been programmed into this game for the last 3 years. depending on which defense you are running if you don't flip your defense in response to motion you could end up with men completely out of postion to defend the pass. madden does a terrible of job of man coverage reassignment.

oddly enough man align is an option in the manual but it is non-existent in the game. One would assume a feature set that is part of the game's literature would at least be introduced with the second patch.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:12 PM   #14
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I agree & disagree; some plays are designed for motion so the QB can dicipher coverage and some I think is instituted by the QB (ever watched Peyton Manning play ). Also, sometimes the QB puts a player in motion (mainly WRs or RBs) to help "chip" a DL and help the OL.

Quote:
Again, this does happen in real life where the slot or outside receiver will go from one side of the field (say the right side) to a step or two outside of the LT then back again. Most of it is usually play action or run purposes however while sometimes it's used to give the receiver a clean break against bump-n-run coverage.

Quote:
Ever heard of disguising coverages? There's a reason QBs use motion to try to understand the defense quicker and before the snap.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 36

Yes I wish we would have this back, minus the cheese of it. I know for a fact QBs decide to do this sometimes in the huddle. It is not designed every time. So in the huddle we could tell a certain WR to do it. Ofcourse in Madden there is no way to tell specific players what to do, so we should be given the ability to just send people in motion and back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I would love it to come back personally.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »