Home

Old 11-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Putting a player in motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
You misunderstand me. This does happen, but it is predetermined much of the time. It is a part of the play. Occasionally, they will just add this on to an already existing play in the huddle, but not very often. If a guy goes in motion at any time in an offense, it's almost always a part of the play, not something added in at the line of scrimmage. There should be much, much more motion in the Madden playbooks, but most, if not all, LOS motioning should be gone. It just doesn't happen in the NFL. It's not something you "see on Sundays."
I'm not sure you watch the same NFL the rest of us do... Motioning a receiver happens all the time. At least once or twice a drive, if not almost every play.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #18
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Whitebread
I'm not sure you watch the same NFL the rest of us do... Motioning a receiver happens all the time. At least once or twice a drive, if not almost every play.
Watch the redskins, its rare for them NOT to put a man or 2 in motion every play.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:40 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

he's not saying it doesn't happen, he's saying that peyton never walks up to the line, moves his foot and the wr knows whats up. he's saying that it's already been determined by the verbiage of the playcall.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
he's not saying it doesn't happen, he's saying that peyton never walks up to the line, moves his foot and the wr knows whats up. he's saying that it's already been determined by the verbiage of the playcall.
Well, without being inside the huddle, can we tell which motion was designed in the play call (which would be the "Green" motion on the play art) or which was called at the LOS by the QB to get a better idea of what the D might be doing just by looking at it?

It would seem plausible that the QB could do it. He could have something in his cadence like the "Omaha" stuff you hear sometimes. Or he could give some kind of signal/silence. Like if the QB stops his cadence for a second, that's a cue for the WR to go in motion (whichever one is designated either by the play or in the huddle).

Also, if it's called in the huddle, well Madden has no huddles. "Huddling" in Madden is just not running a hurry-up, per se. If you called plays fast and had no accel. clock, it's the same, even faster, than the "true" hurry up.

So with no true huddles, there's no way to make true huddle calls. So the gamey way to do it is selecting a WR and sending him in motion.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:13 AM   #21
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm not saying motion doesn't happening. I'm saying it's part of the play. It's predetermined motion. And when I said you shouldn't be able to send a guy back, I meant you don't see a slot receiver go, stop, set, and go back.

Peyton Manning changes a lot of things. But he rarely changes formations or adds motion at the line. He audibles to new plays, maybe throws in some hot routes, but he doesn't draw stuff in the dirt.

And that's the same thing with calling it in a huddle. They aren't calling plays and saying, "and Reggie, you're going to go in motion." That would mess up the spacing and the timing of the play. So say your play is 292 skat (a pass play). You aren't going to run a 292 skat, and send the z in motion. That would be a whole different play. They don't take plays that don't have motion, and add motion, unless the guy is going to end up in the same spot he started. It doesn't happen. And the second kind doesn't happen a lot. If a guy is going in motion, it was already put in the play. So it'll be z-motion 476 stop. It'll have motion in the play call. A team is NEVER going to run a play without having practiced it, and motion changes a play dramatically since it changes where the player is.

And when I said read LB's and Safeties, I meant post snap. Because they can disguise their coverage with motion too.

All in all, I'm not saying, in any way, shape, or form, that motion should not be in the Madden. On the contrary, I'd like to see a lot more motion put into the playbooks. But putting guys in motion at LoS is the equivalent of drawing plays in the dirt, and you don't see that in the NFL. If Peyton went to the line, and kicked his foot without motion being called, no one would no where to go. Even if the receiver knew he was supposed to go in motion, he wouldn't know how far or how fast to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2009, 01:52 AM   #22
Rookie

I see what you're saying now. Sorry for the misinterpretation. I do disagree though with the desire for more motion plays. They have them now to an extent with the green routes, and I rarely ever call those plays except on a run. I like using motion myself, but don't do it very much because you can't send them back like we've already mentioned. I'd rather have that put into the game than plays with motion attached already
Old 11-21-2009, 02:02 AM   #23
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

So you're saying that motion, even when they are triggered by the QB's foot going back, and the receiver ends up going back to a spot are pre-determined? I can see that I guess. Maybe they set up 'who' in the huddle will be the check guy. Still, how do you replicate the call of motion in the huddle? Seems like you have to let at least one person go in motion on the fly.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:28 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
So you're saying that motion, even when they are triggered by the QB's foot going back, and the receiver ends up going back to a spot are pre-determined? I can see that I guess. Maybe they set up 'who' in the huddle will be the check guy. Still, how do you replicate the call of motion in the huddle? Seems like you have to let at least one person go in motion on the fly.
Its all a part of the play call. "Z-Motion quarter post" for example would be a play where the Z receiver goes in motion, they just wait for the QB to give them the go

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »