Home

Old 11-21-2009, 02:37 AM   #25
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Putting a player in motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Whitebread
Its all a part of the play call. "Z-Motion quarter post" for example would be a play where the Z receiver goes in motion, they just wait for the QB to give them the go
Maybe if the player goes to a spot, but not when they are checking coverage. You can't always read safeties / LBs to determine coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2009, 02:53 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
You can 'reset the play'. And he'll run back really quickly to his original position.
That's what I always do. The motioning player motions right back.

Its prety much the same thing except you cant go back and forth. Only some automotions do that, I'd prefer more user control over automotions though.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:14 AM   #27
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

How do you reset the play on the 360?
Old 11-21-2009, 03:16 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I'm not saying motion doesn't happening. I'm saying it's part of the play. It's predetermined motion. And when I said you shouldn't be able to send a guy back, I meant you don't see a slot receiver go, stop, set, and go back.

Peyton Manning changes a lot of things. But he rarely changes formations or adds motion at the line. He audibles to new plays, maybe throws in some hot routes, but he doesn't draw stuff in the dirt.
When people are motioning, why would you consider that drawing a play in the dirt? I know what play I'm going to run and the adjustments before I even call the play. That's what practice mode is for. The Madden playbooks are small compared to NFL playbooks, so I consider the plays I make at the line as part of my playbook.

Using the Colts as an example isn't the greatest considering they don't use much motion. When they do, its usually a WR that motions closer to the line. They don't motion across the line or back and forth from what I see, though other teams do. Its basic strategy. Smarfootball.com has a few articles that talks about that and using other motions to force the D to show their look. Other teams use alot of formation shifts, which are not on Madden anymore, so the only option is to use motion. I have no problem with people motioning on Madden because its the only way to get different sets and looks for plays.

Last edited by MAHAM; 11-21-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:20 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
How do you reset the play on the 360?
I'm on PS3. The reset is the same thing as audibling back to your original play.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #30
All Star

OVR: 33

@DonkeyJote

What you saying is in terms of real football. We're talking Madden here. You can audible your receivers to run entirely new routes.

Madden football is fake. We draw our plays in the dirt every play. But I get what you're saying.

And the Colts don't use motion, because motion is stupid. Nothing annoys me more when some dude does a predetermined dance and ends up in the same spot. Serving no purpose, because we all know Alex Smith can't read a defense.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #31
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I meant you don't see a slot receiver go, stop, set, and go back.

And that's the same thing with calling it in a huddle. They aren't calling plays and saying, "and Reggie, you're going to go in motion." That would mess up the spacing and the timing of the play. So say your play is 292 skat (a pass play). You aren't going to run a 292 skat, and send the z in motion. That would be a whole different play. They don't take plays that don't have motion, and add motion, unless the guy is going to end up in the same spot he started. It doesn't happen. And the second kind doesn't happen a lot. If a guy is going in motion, it was already put in the play. So it'll be z-motion 476 stop. It'll have motion in the play call. A team is NEVER going to run a play without having practiced it, and motion changes a play dramatically since it changes where the player is.
This, yes I agree to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2009, 04:41 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

I know there is at least one type of motion that is not predetermined, that happens on almost every drive in the NFL. (Including the colts who don't motion much) That is shifting a RB from one side of the QB to the other for pass protection. Those motions or shifts are not set up in the huddle but rather are determined by the look of the defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »