View Poll Results: Do you think player should have 100 Ratings
Yes 31 35.63%
No 60 68.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Why can't players have 100 Rating

That idea about searching based on criteria such as route running, speed, whatever is similar to something I had mentioned a while back but was told would be too much work. I had said that along with the preset philosophies we should be able to develop our own. For contract negotiations the players should still use the overall which would lead to the highest salary from all positions and all philosophies. Speaking of which, this would eliminate switching players to other positions to sign them cheap meaning less needed house rules which in my opinion is a plus. Anyway, this was you couldn't just create a philosophy to increases everyone's salaries or certain player's saleries and screw with CPU teams. If using a range system like I would prefer then the overall for contract demands would be the average of highest and lowest of the range for the team that has the player scouted the best. This would be true for everything other than draft picks whose contracts should be based on draft position and player position.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Well of course there are numbers. lol There has to be, but just because they are there doesn't mean they should be displayed to the user. I find it highly amusing that games that attempt to simulate a sport (this is all sports games, whether sony, EA, or 2K) continue to display numbers that have nothing to do with representing the sport to their end users. It just smacks of laziness.

Saying ratings should be hidden is different than saying there should be real world stats and no ratings.

Ratings being hidden would be interesting, though not doing it isn't "laziness" imo. It's just a different method.

To me, there's nothing lazy about developing a game at all.

Last edited by KBLover; 11-22-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #35
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6

100 is just a number. why not make outstanding attributes really stand out.

i think the ratings system should be even more stretched out as they did this offseason.

IMO the 90s should only be reserved for all time great attributes (ex. - speed =R Moss ,D Sanders).
why not use the whole ratings scale and really make the all time greats special.
75+ could be pro bowl caliber players and just work from there

Last edited by cletusdog; 11-22-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 07:13 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Saying ratings should be hidden is different than saying there should be real world stats and no ratings.

Ratings being hidden would be interesting, though not doing it isn't "laziness" imo. It's just a different method.

To me, there's nothing lazy about developing a game at all.
While I don't know that hiding ratings is really lazy I wouldn't say that nothing within their development is. For instance the way that they implemented the potential rating.

Last year in head coach they implemented it by having a potential for each indivudual attribute so there could be differences to how each player would develop as well as being able to differentiate between players who could swith positions and those who couldn't.

However, this year in madden the potential rating was just assigned as a single number limiting overall. This led to a lot less potential to differentiate players as well as a lot of glitchy wierd things caused when changing positions. I personally see no benifit to programming potential in this way other than that it is slightly easier as it makes less ratings to rate and there are several pretty serious disadvantages to this system. I consider choosing the slightly easier but obviously much less benifitial method to be lazyness.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdog
100 is just a number. why not make outstanding attributes really stand out.

i think the ratings system should be even more stretched out as they did this offseason.

IMO the 90s should only be reserved for all time great attributes (ex. - speed =R Moss ,D Sanders).
why not use the whole ratings scale and really make the all time greats special.
75+ could be pro bowl caliber players and just work from there
Definite +1 here.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
While I don't know that hiding ratings is really lazy I wouldn't say that nothing within their development is. For instance the way that they implemented the potential rating.
I guess, but making a game and "lazy" don't seem to belong in the same sentence given the amount of time it takes to make a game - even a crap one.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #39
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I guess, but making a game and "lazy" don't seem to belong in the same sentence given the amount of time it takes to make a game - even a crap one.
Label it however you want, it's far easier to simply display the numbers than to come up with the real world info for the stats, display it in a meaningful way, and provide a mechanism for comparing and contrasting players.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 25

ratings in Games have become 100% meaningless....60's are on par with 90+ and vice versa...We need some type of a new system....IMHO...All-Pro nailed it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »