Home

OS Sports Review Mentioned in Madden Commercial

This is a discussion on OS Sports Review Mentioned in Madden Commercial within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
OS Sports Review Mentioned in Madden Commercial

I'm watching SouthPark that I Tivo'd from the other night, and a commercial came on touting Madden. Interestingly enough it mentioned Operation Sports. Thought it interesting to see OS mentioned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: OS Sports Review Mentioned in Madden Commercial

yeah, i saw that last night. My first thought was, "why a Madden commercial now??"...Then I saw OS and got all excited. The funniest part to me was the graphic that read, "The highest rated Madden in 5 years"....
Old 11-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Yeah I seen it last night watching TUF.

OS gettin' big time.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Mig_11
yeah, i saw that last night. My first thought was, "why a Madden commercial now??"...Then I saw OS and got all excited. The funniest part to me was the graphic that read, "The highest rated Madden in 5 years"....
Yeah, I wonder if that's true? I haven't looked at all of the reviews. IMHO it deserves to be the highest one in 5 years, but on the flip side I think ALL sports games get rated FAR higher than they should. Some of these games get rated 9.0 and higher, and I don't see how these games which are virtually the same every year match up to the A++ titles on the market.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

As long as OS does not let the publicity affect their objectivity then it wouldn't be a bad thing. I generally reference Pasta Padre's reviews when I am trying to make a decision to purchase a game or not though. I think he has done a better job of pointing out the positives AND the negatives of sports titles. It is just my opinion and I could be wrong but I think OS has been less critical. Not sure if this is because they do not want to alienate developers who frequent the board or what. So while I enjoy the large forums here, I prefer to get my game review information from Pasta. No he doesn't give a grade but he let's you know what matters....is the game enjoyable and worth the purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by labguy
As long as OS does not let the publicity affect their objectivity then it wouldn't be a bad thing. I generally reference Pasta Padre's reviews when I am trying to make a decision to purchase a game or not though. I think he has done a better job of pointing out the positives AND the negatives of sports titles. It is just my opinion and I could be wrong but I think OS has been less critical. Not sure if this is because they do not want to alienate developers who frequent the board or what. So while I enjoy the large forums here, I prefer to get my game review information from Pasta. No he doesn't give a grade but he let's you know what matters....is the game enjoyable and worth the purchase.
Don't get me started on pasta, he's 100% certified EA owned prime meat. Pasta reports the 'truth', but his writing style is extremely misleading. He leads with positives relating to EA, while burying the negatives, and then leads with negatives against 2K while burying and/or ignoring the positives.

OS with regards to it's reviews are pretty unbiased from everything I have read, so I don't think you have anything to worry about there. Glad they got the press on TV.

Did anyone verify if Madden really is the highest rated Madden in 5 years? Just curious. (IMHO it easily should be)
Old 11-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I'm watching SouthPark that I Tivo'd from the other night, and a commercial came on touting Madden. Interestingly enough it mentioned Operation Sports. Thought it interesting to see OS mentioned.

That's funny, I had the same thing happen to me lastnight too.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Yeah, I wonder if that's true? I haven't looked at all of the reviews. IMHO it deserves to be the highest one in 5 years, but on the flip side I think ALL sports games get rated FAR higher than they should. Some of these games get rated 9.0 and higher, and I don't see how these games which are virtually the same every year match up to the A++ titles on the market.
Im sure its true. They are comparing to Madden 06 for the last gen, which was the last great football game for me. The reason why I was interested in that statement is bc that is admitting that you have been unable to improve on a game made 5 years ago, which is sad. Obviously there are thousands of reasons why and Im not bashing, but I was surprised EA put that in there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »