Home

Madden tiebreakers determined by alphabetical order!

This is a discussion on Madden tiebreakers determined by alphabetical order! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #25
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden tiebreakers determined by alphabetical order!

How this is still wrong after 20 yrs making an NFL game is really beyond belief...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 08:15 AM   #26
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
How this is still wrong after 20 yrs making an NFL game is really beyond belief...

as far as I can tell...its not wrong.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #27
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
It is wrong... At least from the perspective that the lowest seed doesn't play the highest seed through all rounds of the playoff. It appears to be based on record not seed in Madden.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #28
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
It is wrong... At least from the perspective that the lowest seed doesn't play the highest seed through all rounds of the playoff. It appears to be based on record not seed in Madden.
I am referring to the tiebreakers.

And I haven't came across a higher seed not playing the lowest seed, although I haven't came across a lower seeded team having a better record than those teams ranked above them.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
it's definitely wrong and many people have proven it.

hell in the league I run over at VSN (The Golden Turducken), the Bengals lead the AFC North at 10-4 but the Ravens are in second at 10-3-1.

in our first season the Bengals also made the playoffs at 9-7. Although tied with the Titans/Browns who were also 9-7 and BOTH the Titans and Browns (twice) beat the Bengals during the season.

It's obvious to most that it doesn't work properly, why can't EA just grow a pair, admit it's broken and tell us what exactly the tiebreakers are so at least we know?
Old 01-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #30
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by killgod
it's definitely wrong and many people have proven it.

hell in the league I run over at VSN (The Golden Turducken), the Bengals lead the AFC North at 10-4 but the Ravens are in second at 10-3-1.
Did the Bengals beat the Ravens when they played?

Quote:
in our first season the Bengals also made the playoffs at 9-7. Although tied with the Titans/Browns who were also 9-7 and BOTH the Titans and Browns (twice) beat the Bengals during the season.
Did the Titans and Browns make the playoffs?

Quote:
It's obvious to most that it doesn't work properly, why can't EA just grow a pair, admit it's broken and tell us what exactly the tiebreakers are so at least we know?
I've read that others have said it doesn't work properly, but in my experience its worked out as it should. I'm not saying they are wrong, and I apologize for my earlier post coming across that way, just that in my time the tiebreakers have worked out as they should.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Let's make sure we know the rules first!

Strength of victory (what exactly does this mean?) and strength of schedule come before any points scored/allowed tiebreakers.
I believe "Strength of Victory" means the combined record of the opponents you beat.

For example, if I'm the Ravens and won 9 games, and the teams I won against had records of:

8-8
7-9
10-6
8-8
9-7
5-11
4-12 (let's say Browns)
7-9

(I'll do eight because let's say I beat the Browns twice and I don't think you double count the same opponent).

Then my strength of victory would be 58-70 (.453).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 11:20 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
And I haven't came across a higher seed not playing the lowest seed, although I haven't came across a lower seeded team having a better record than those teams ranked above them.
Couldn't that happen, though?

If a division winner went 9-7 (they won a crap division) and the wild card teams were 10-6 (they were in a top division), the 9-7 team would be higher because they won the division?

Aren't the division winners seeded and then the wild cards can only by #5 or #6 (based on their records)?

In this scenario, the 9-7 division winner would likely be #4 (I guess #3 is possible if there's two crap divisions) while the wild card teams (10-6) would be either #5 or #6 based on their tiebreakers. Correct?

Last edited by KBLover; 01-06-2010 at 11:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »