Home

Old 11-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #17
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Route Running in Madden 10

Ratings for every route would be overkill. Long, medium, and deep routes would be good enough.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 11-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Absolutely there are some guys that are just really good at those short routes and catching in traffic (who was the WR for Oakland that was really good? Name escapes me right now, retired about 5 years ago I think. He was the perfect possession receiver).
Only recent good WR for Oakland I can think of at the top of my head is Tim Brown.

To answer your original question - any impact SHOULD be determined by the route running rating, but...it seems to be minimal, at best, in it's effect (speed matters more as that's what has them run routes faster more then RTE...)
Old 11-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Only recent good WR for Oakland I can think of at the top of my head is Tim Brown.

To answer your original question - any impact SHOULD be determined by the route running rating, but...it seems to be minimal, at best, in it's effect (speed matters more as that's what has them run routes faster more then RTE...)
Him and rice are the only two I can think of that played for them any time recently.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzes93
When i first played M10 i thought the passing was pretty good, but then as i started to try and throw more complex balls, i realized how crudely simple it is. It is still impossible to throw lobs on almost anything other than streaks and fades, and it eliminates a lot of routes from being useful, and because you can't throw before the reciever makes his cut most of the time, the timing on the plays is screwed up, meaning you cant throw at the end of the drop and have to hold the ball.

Then i bought APF 2k8, and its amazing the kind of throws you can make compared to M10. Also the route runnning is much better. So i think before you add all those specific route ratings (which sounds like an awesome idea by the way), they need to fix the trajectory of the passes and add route based passing.

And also that idea about being able to create personel specific formations to get the best players in the game for certain situations sounds awesome, but it wouldn't matter to me until they fixed the passing and everything else that is wrong with the gameplay for that matter.
I agree, 2k8 was amazing in terms of the passing game. Route based passing, which was kinda in madden at one point, really needs to be added and is one of the biggest things that needs to be added to make the passing game work.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #21
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

That's him! Thanks! I hate it when I can't remember something. Old age sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

From what I've seen, speed and release are the only ratings that matter for wide receivers when it comes to getting open in Madden.

The route running rating really doesn't seem to matter much.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:53 PM   #23
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
From what I've seen, speed and release are the only ratings that matter for wide receivers when it comes to getting open in Madden.

The route running rating really doesn't seem to matter much.
I noticed that even if a receiver runs a good route that the DB can cut under it all the time even if they were on the outside (which means they more likely should be on top of the route, not under it. This is why you can't throw on the cuts in Madden and why the RTE doesn't seem to matter.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I noticed that even if a receiver runs a good route that the DB can cut under it all the time even if they were on the outside (which means they more likely should be on top of the route, not under it. This is why you can't throw on the cuts in Madden and why the RTE doesn't seem to matter.

In that case, perhaps a really, really low Pass Reaction Time will help cut that down.

Hmm.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »