Home

Old 11-23-2009, 12:20 AM   #25
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Route Running in Madden 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
In that case, perhaps a really, really low Pass Reaction Time will help cut that down.

Hmm.....
Possibly, I tried that when I started messing with sliders but if you cut it down too much then everyone is open on every type of route. I tried changing the speed difference to help make up for it, but then the running game wasn't worth anything. Some of the problems in the game are core issues that just can't be fixed with sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 12:33 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Possibly, I tried that when I started messing with sliders but if you cut it down too much then everyone is open on every type of route. I tried changing the speed difference to help make up for it, but then the running game wasn't worth anything. Some of the problems in the game are core issues that just can't be fixed with sliders.

True.

Sad, but true.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:35 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

It doesn't really matter what you do to the ratings or sliders in this game.

Every defensive player on the field still has eyes in the back of his head that allow him to turn and find the ball as soon as it leaves the QB's hands.

Couple the "sixth sense" defense with the screwy pass trajectory (no in-between balls, either low line drives or high moon shots) in addition to WRs who don't come back to the ball unless you manually control them, and you get a game that is INT-happy.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
It doesn't really matter what you do to the ratings or sliders in this game.

Every defensive player on the field still has eyes in the back of his head that allow him to turn and find the ball as soon as it leaves the QB's hands.

Couple the "sixth sense" defense with the screwy pass trajectory (no in-between balls, either low line drives or high moon shots) in addition to WRs who don't come back to the ball unless you manually control them, and you get a game that is INT-happy.
And when WR's do come back to the ball on those comeback routes, they REALLY come back. They are not awarded forward progress either. There have been times man, I've throw a comeback route and where the WR caught it it would have been an 8 to 10 yd gain. But he goes into all of these animations and it ends up being either a 1 yard gain or no gain at all. At times a loss. Especially if a defender hits him in the back as soon as he catches it and knocks him backwards. No forward progress.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #29
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Yeah, I've noticed the game is inconsistent on catches when marking the spot of the ball. Sometimes it gives it right where you caught it, and other times it's where you were tackled went down even if you were being tackled / pushed back for the entire loss (i.e. not trying to move forward / make forward progress).
Old 11-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 32

I would like to have a route base passing system with a combination with the current madden system. The route base passing system would be default but when you decide a hot route a wr then the passing window be more flexible.

Sometimes in ALL PRO you want to get the ball out of your qb hands quicker but the route base passing system will not allow you. If Madden could implement both then it would be a nice balance.

Now if wrs would be able to sit down in the soft spot in zones but that is a whole other thread.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 21

In Madden I feel like my QB and WR on NEVER on the same page, lack chemistry, have no timing...whatever you choose to call it. Regardless of what QB or WR I have, the Sage Rosenfels to Mike Furrey combo is just as effective as Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne in that perspective.

When I watch NFL games, chemistry is all that gets talked about. In fact when Manning or Brady throw a ball to the wrong spot, its turned into a huge overly dramatic deal. Usually resulting in talk of the WR "not knowing his route / play" or what the "QB expected from him on that" and shots of sideline bickering.

That chemistry, or maybe the ability to forge it, is critical to a teams success.

A Manning to Wayne pass would almost never result in the pass hitting Wayne in the back. Yet in Madden, on curls it can happen well to often. Even worse, at times the ball bounces up in the air where only the defenders seem to be able to key on it for a pick. Thanks to bad pursuit angles, that pick turns into a TD.

Before some clown starts to tell me I cant play, need to throw a bullet not a lob or let routes develop, none of that is at my luxury. How easy the game of football (both in real life and Madden) would be if one had all day to bounce around in the pocket waiting for the perfect moment to throw.

Long over due in Madden is a "chemistry rating" between the QB and WR that gets stronger or weaker based on things like receptions, time spent with team, 3rd and 4th down completions, game winning or tying TD's....the list goes on.

Its little stuff like this, that should play a huge part in the game that make me wonder if "football fans" are really making this game. Something like that would make drafting a quality WR or QB early and sticking with it through rough times worth it. The ability to sign stud WR who comes in and makes an instant impact (unrealistically - see Roy Williams), would become not as attractive. In turn signing an old rusty unproven QB and making it work with you quick wideouts would be a challenge, not a guaranteed playoff birth.

Instead we get 9 man hugging systems to provide us realism.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 11-23-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

I believe that madden needs to input a little more user response when using your QB along with the receiver being able to attempt different types of catches. Ex:You should be able to throw not a lob or a bullet. More of a touch pass and also a Manning like angled deep ball. Peyton does not seem to just lob it up. It like a missle with a slightly lower trajectory.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »