Home

Why does my team not use my FB in Sim'd games? Plus, other thoughts and comments.

This is a discussion on Why does my team not use my FB in Sim'd games? Plus, other thoughts and comments. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Why does my team not use my FB in Sim'd games? Plus, other thoughts and comments.

Okay, I will start off by telling you about my FB that I picked up.
His numbers are the ones I can remember and the ones that stick out.

Name:
Spoiler

Pos: FB
Exp: 4yrs
Overall: 96

Spd: 80
Acc: 97
Agl: 96
Str: 84
CTH: 97
RteR: 48
TRK: 99

So this guy is a beast. He is like a Alstott/Larry Centers mix. I want to know why when I simulate games that the QB/Off does not utilize his talents. When I play, he will avg. 4+ rec and 50+ yrds along with 10+ rushes for 35+ yrds. I don't have to force anything and I just play casual with him.

I usually play 8 and sim 8 and this guy is nonexistant in the stats each simulated game. I would move him over to HB, but my I have a CAP/HB there now. Is there anyway to make sure he gets involved in the off. during simulated games?

This leads me to some comments/gripes about Madden. There needs to be a way to implement a QB's favorite targets and how much an off. utilizes players.

I know that almost no team in the NFL uses FBs for anything more than just blockers, but I wish in Madden that they would give us, the users, some control over the scheme in simulated games. I loved watching Alstott rumble for some yards and Centers catching 60 passes out of the backfield and I have a player that is capable of both, but the game just does not utilize him at all.

This brings me to scheme. I really wish that when I simulate a game that the scheme I use is used in simulation. I love Pitts. old style of 2 TE sets and pounding the ball up the middle, but I wish I could influence how the FBs are used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Why does my team not use my FB in Sim'd games? Plus, other thoughts and comments.

My guess would be your subs are off and your HBs are getting winded such that they can't run and your FB is stepping in. This is almost always the case when you see a 3rd, or 4th string player in the game.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Why does my team not use my FB in Sim'd games? Plus, other thoughts and comments.

No, my subs are on and my back up HB gets activity. Do you think if I put my FB as my #2 back, but him keep as a my starting FB he would get some use?

Last edited by samuraiwahoo; 11-22-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraiwahoo
No, my subs are on and my back up HB gets activity. Do you think if I put my FB as my #2 back, keep as a my starting FB he would get some use?
My apologies samuraiwahoo, I didn't read your entire thread. Usually people are asking why a 3rd/4th String player is being used instead of their starting HB. Depending on how many HB's you have on your team, your FB is typically your 3rd, 4th string player at the HB position.

If you like you can plug in higher and he'll actually be used as a HB, or you can set your subs such that your HB doesn't get as many carries (will require some customization / testing on your part).

If you want your HB to get fewer carries try 60 / 80 or 50 / 80 and your starting HB will get tired more quickly, thus the other players in line for HB will be utilized.

I don't know of any way other than that to get the team to just use the FB when simulating though.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
Rookie

No worries.

Thanks for the feed back. I will try out your suggestons. I use my HB a lot, he gets about 25+ rushes. I will put my FB at the #2 spot and try it out and bump my rush to pass and see how it goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »