Home

Old 11-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Auto-matic Substitution Problem

I have a problem with my game automatically subbing in a bottom of the depth chart HB into certain situations. This happens not only in the same formation but sometimes it subs a random back in for a certain play. I haven't found a way to make the game not automatically sub in replacements for you. Is there a way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Auto-matic Substitution Problem

If you really want to keep your #1 back in at all times, you'll want to make sure he is set as your 3rd down back in the depth chart, and make sure your auto-sub settings are set appropriately... try like 40subout/41 subin.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by filtertmp
If you really want to keep your #1 back in at all times, you'll want to make sure he is set as your 3rd down back in the depth chart, and make sure your auto-sub settings are set appropriately... try like 40subout/41 subin.
Ok thanks. It seems in earlier Madden games one back would stay in until he got tired.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #4
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Hays
Ok thanks. It seems in earlier Madden games one back would stay in until he got tired.
There's been 3rd down backs in Madden for years now. I remember it being on Madden 05, and it was probably sooner than that.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
I have a problem with my game automatically subbing in a bottom of the depth chart HB into certain situations. This happens not only in the same formation but sometimes it subs a random back in for a certain play. I haven't found a way to make the game not automatically sub in replacements for you. Is there a way?

Yeah you're just seeing your 3rd down back.

If you're on 3rd and medium to long, Madden auto subs in your 3rd down back regardless of how tired your primary back is.

3rd and short situations however, your primary back will remain in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
There's been 3rd down backs in Madden for years now. I remember it being on Madden 05, and it was probably sooner than that.
Ive had 03(GC), 07(GC) and 09(PS2) and Im sure thatmy primary HB was left in until i manually subbed him out or he became very tired.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #7
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Ive had 03(GC), 07(GC) and 09(PS2) and Im sure thatmy primary HB was left in until i manually subbed him out or he became very tired.
Not sure about 03 or 07, but it was definetly in there last year for 09.

What are you going to do when your primary RB gets hurt becuase you're running him into the ground?
Old 11-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #8
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
It was def in there for 07 too. It could go either way for 03. That was a long time ago. You probably just happened to play with teams that had their starting RB as their 3rd down back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »