Home

Network Presentation

This is a discussion on Network Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Network Presentation

I wouldn't mind like CBS and ESPN for specific games with the option of having the generic current presentation as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #26
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

I would have to say if there was any network it would have to be CBS. You really can't go wrong with any of the main announcers such as Jim Nantz, Dick Enberg(like in the NFL Gameday days where they had him and Phil Simms), or Greg Gumbel.

Then for color commentating Phil Simms or Dan Dierdorf. I'm not a huge fan of Dan Fouts so I'd leave him out. I will say that CBS is much classier no question but I've grown up on FOX because of the Vikings.

However I wouldn't mind in any way the ESPN crew. John Gruden has been a huge edition. He adds so much to that team its unbelievable. I loved Tony Kornheiser just because he doesn't know the X's and O's and just added some funniness, but Gruden does both. Plus he absolutely loves talking about Brett Favre and the Vikings!

I will also say that I wouldn't mind if Al Michaels made a return with Chris Colinsworth. Colinsworth is actually really good in this game. He just gets downplayed because of Tom Hammond who is one of the worst commentators out there. Colinsworth would have to add a lot more lines however.

If Fox did go to Madden I would say the only combination I would want is Sam Rosen or Kenny Albert with anyone but Troy Aikman. I absolutely hate Buck and Aikman together because all they do is talk about the Cowboys. They are so biased its unbelievable. Whenever theres a penalty called on the cowboys all they do is b**** and complain. Then when the Cowboys play well its oh the Cowboys should go to the superbowl and this and that, its ridiculous.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 5
two words

Gus Johnson.

By the way is he in NCAA Basketball?
Old 11-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #28
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8

I want to see fox for NFC games,Cbs for AFC games,Espn for Monday night games and Nbc for Sunday night. I understand that u might can't have them all but at least get fox,and CBS, espn shouldn't be a problem since EA already uses it anyways
Old 11-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #29
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8
I hate Phil simms crush on tom Brady crush
Old 11-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #30
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Are you guys watching the same announcer? I wonder if there's 2 Troy Aikman's. Make that three, because I think he calls the games pretty even keel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
As a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan, it pains me to say this, BUT I cannot stand to hear Troy Aikman open his fat *** mouth, everything that spews from the hole in his head he calls a mouth is complete garbage bull ****. He is so negative against the team he once led to the Superbowl, its not even funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
If Fox did go to Madden I would say the only combination I would want is Sam Rosen or Kenny Albert with anyone but Troy Aikman. I absolutely hate Buck and Aikman together because all they do is talk about the Cowboys. They are so biased its unbelievable. Whenever theres a penalty called on the cowboys all they do is b**** and complain. Then when the Cowboys play well its oh the Cowboys should go to the superbowl and this and that, its ridiculous.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #31

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I think the more commentary / banter they can provide the better. They need two guys that can discuss the game together.
Sure, but you need a play by play guy. Aikman and Gruden are both color commentators.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #32
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Sure, but you need a play by play guy. Aikman and Gruden are both color commentators.
Agreed you absolutely cannot have two color commentators doing a game. It would just be weird and completely unrealistic. You want a good play by play commentator who actually knows the game of football so he can lead discussions with the color guy. That way the broadcast will be insightful and interesting to listen to. A play by play guy such as Hammond who don't know a great deal about football but just enjoy it aren't going to make for good video game announcers, or heck good announcers in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »