Home

Network Presentation

This is a discussion on Network Presentation within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-22-2009, 02:09 AM   #41
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Network Presentation

NBC.

Michaels and Collinsworth are the best in the business in my opinion, they already have tons of audio from each of them, it just seems natural. Not to mention I like their graphics package the best.

That's what i'd like. What I think we would get, if we got network integration, is NFL Network.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2009, 02:20 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 4

Gus Johnson would be a good choice for one of the announcers
Old 12-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #43
Pro

OVR: 18

It doesnt really matter which network logo they slap on the Madden engine. Its ALL about replicating the finer details of Network Presentation. Proper TV camera angles, lenghty cut scenes, pacing, out of town scores via tickers, game breaks (out of town updates), replays on ALL big plays, highlight recaps, robust halftime/postgame shows and realistic sounding commentary throughout.

If the question is which real life network has the best presentation, then it has to be ESPN and MNF. I dont like that stupid dancing robot in the FOX broadcast (which they actually sell action figures for! Gimme a break). In any case, Madden desperately needs a true telecast/network presentation style - whether real or EA Branded. "Everything you see on Sunday" should include HOW we see games on Sunday.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #44
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

if there is another team on the game it would be matt millen and that other cat he has been doing thursday games with.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #45
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
It doesnt really matter which network logo they slap on the Madden engine. Its ALL about replicating the finer details of Network Presentation. Proper TV camera angles, lenghty cut scenes, pacing, out of town scores via tickers, game breaks (out of town updates), replays on ALL big plays, highlight recaps, robust halftime/postgame shows and realistic sounding commentary throughout.

If the question is which real life network has the best presentation, then it has to be ESPN and MNF. I dont like that stupid dancing robot in the FOX broadcast (which they actually sell action figures for! Gimme a break). In any case, Madden desperately needs a true telecast/network presentation style - whether real or EA Branded. "Everything you see on Sunday" should include HOW we see games on Sunday.
Absolutely spot on in every way. I would rather a generic EA Sports presentation that accurately replicates the finer points of a broadcast, instead of slapping ESPN or CBS over the telecast stuff they currently have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

I know this about all aspects of presentation, but the main focus seems to be on commentary so that's what I'll go with. It would be AWESOME if EA could get the various networks on board with commentators like Gus Johnson.

But let's get real. The quality of the commentary itself at this point doesn't even matter. Guessing it can't be an easy fix but even the core triggers, meaning lines based on like player position that you would expect to work every time, are often just wrong. Tight ends aren't "backs," you know, Chris?

Of course the preferable outcome is that they do away with triggers and the commentators act as they do in real life, meaning speaking throughout the entire game and not just after the play. Not expecting that any time soon though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »