Home

Portis retiers 53 yards short of Emmitt's record lol

This is a discussion on Portis retiers 53 yards short of Emmitt's record lol within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Portis retiers 53 yards short of Emmitt's record lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
A big deal was made about this early on. I remember it being mentioned in several threads, ironically I can find any of them now.

A quick way to check things out for yourself (just as I just did)

Start a new franchise, sign Marvin Harrison. Sim a season.

After the season, Marvin will want to retire. At the retirement transactions screen you will see "Accelerator Available". When prompted you will see the option to buy 1 of 3 accelerators via the Madden Shop.

Hometown Hero, Not Done Yet or One More Year. All of which allow you to keep your player another season, but cost actual money.

Please this game isn't even that good or worth it.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 12

I don't understand why you guys think it's so terrible that you have to pay to keep retiring players around, it's only $1. Should the option to talk players out of reitirement be in the game to begin with? Yes, but it's not like they took it out and are charging $5-10 for it.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:56 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

Still its for a digital guy that doesn't really exist and wont matter cause Madden 11 comes out and it will have no affect on that game.

What if you spend the 1 dollar on Marvin Harrison and during the pre-season he gets a CAREER ENDING INJURY? Do you get a refund? NO.

Protest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I don't understand why you guys think it's so terrible that you have to pay to keep retiring players around, it's only $1. Should the option to talk players out of reitirement be in the game to begin with? Yes, but it's not like they took it out and are charging $5-10 for it.
Because its the game that determines everything. Who is to say the game doesn't have some backend code that if player X gets within Y yards of Z record after age 31-35 that a retirement is certain? Better yet, if player X gets within Y yards of Z record during games 10-16, then an injury would prevent the record breaking until next season, see above.

Being that Ian already talked about some spectacular presentation should you beat any All Time records, who is to say that doesn't happen.

It all boils down to money, while either of those ideas may be far fetched to some (for the sake of a dollar). Those dollars quickly add up at zero overhead cost to EA, so its all maximum profit.

People have the right to be upset when options are removed from a game and put back in as a micro transaction, regardless of price. Some people may be more frugal, not have access to a credit card or simply not wish to spend additional money on a game.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 11-23-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #13
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Portis retired as the all-time leading rusher in my franchise, although I think somebody might have finally passed him now, but I can't remember who.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 11-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

don't try to justify this nonsense. when you pay $60 for hand towel animations, protak, and a roster update its insulting that you are asked to pay for features that should be in the game.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #15
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Ian said they didn't remove any features that were already in the game to make them DLC (basically Madden Store items). Which means the ability to entice Franchise players must not have been in Madden 9.

Madden 10 is the first Madden game I have played through an entire season since 2005, so I can't verify whether it was in '09 or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
That's why people think it's terrible to have to pay for it.

Plus, it could set a bad precedent for the future. They could take out something else that should be in the game and make you pay for it, like maybe playbooks or uniforms.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »