Home

has anyone noticed there is no suction blocking/tacklingon kickoffs??

This is a discussion on has anyone noticed there is no suction blocking/tacklingon kickoffs?? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
has anyone noticed there is no suction blocking/tacklingon kickoffs??

i was wondering why it was so easy to return kicks, especially kickoffs, so i watched a few replays and noticed that there was no suction tackling or blocking. you can actually hit the hole using turbo and it will not activate the vacuum.

if you are not within arms reach of the defender then he won't be able to bring you down or suck you in. in other play they will pull you in from 3-4 yards away both blocking and tackling, and it's frustrating to say the least.

it's great to know that you can hit a hole and not get pulled in, but it makes you wonder if the vacuum is done purposely?? maybe it's another band aid to mask other exploits that would show up in the game.

if it's not done on purpose then how did they manage to eliminate(or make it very very minimal) suction from the kicking game but not from the rest??
is it something we can edit with sliders??

c'mon EA don't keep it a secret
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
Rookie

Felipe526's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: has anyone noticed there is no suction blocking/tacklingon kickoffs??

its not that easy. what difficulty do u play on and who do u normally return with
Old 11-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
MVP

i've tried several teams on pro and all pro difficulties.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I dont know about suction but I know that on All-Madden mode the defenders shed blocks much easier (it seems to me) on the kickoffs making it harder to run it back everytime. Id like to know if there is some kind of "suction" during these types of plays...
Old 11-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

yes you can reduce suction via the sliders... that is actually what a number of the sliders control, the amount of suction

the pass block slider controls suction blocking on passes... on run plays the run block slider controls suction blocking

lower both to 0 and you will see suction blocking greatly reduced, raise them to 100 to see maximum suction blocking

suction tackling can be removed by putting the tackle slider at 0

the thing to note is that if you change these, you have to change other slider as well to counteract some of the results (for example, by reducing the distance players can tackle from, their positioning becomes much more important... they wont simply suction into a good tackle, if they are in bad position, they are more likely to trigger a bad tackle animation, like a 1 arm tackle, which in turn is easier to break)... but if you are looking for the game to look/feel a lot smoother and more natural, and make physics and player positioning actually seem to matter, you should minimize the suction in all parts of the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
yes you can reduce suction via the sliders... that is actually what a number of the sliders control, the amount of suction

the pass block slider controls suction blocking on passes... on run plays the run block slider controls suction blocking

lower both to 0 and you will see suction blocking greatly reduced, raise them to 100 to see maximum suction blocking

suction tackling can be removed by putting the tackle slider at 0

the thing to note is that if you change these, you have to change other slider as well to counteract some of the results (for example, by reducing the distance players can tackle from, their positioning becomes much more important... they wont simply suction into a good tackle, if they are in bad position, they are more likely to trigger a bad tackle animation, like a 1 arm tackle, which in turn is easier to break)... but if you are looking for the game to look/feel a lot smoother and more natural, and make physics and player positioning actually seem to matter, you should minimize the suction in all parts of the game
yes i agree.

aside from the suction when playing O & D i have the game set up to play a really solid game. i just have to translate that magic from the kicking game to the O & D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »