Home

A play to stop "Wildcat" cheesers online...

This is a discussion on A play to stop "Wildcat" cheesers online... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #17
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: A play to stop "Wildcat" cheesers online...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
FG block was just for their wildcat plays, I had to switch defenses for his other formations and I couldn't find the right one.
Ok, my bad.
Try more nickel and cb blitzes. spread your D-line and bring your best safety up in the box and us him to strafe across to be in better position to tackle.

Of course if they are running the wildcat up the gut, try and pinch the line right before the snap.

You say he ran the same play over and over and over? So was it a sweep, counter, or a run up the gut?
Old 11-24-2009, 12:37 PM   #18
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

It was up the gut.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 11-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

I beat my friend 27-17 online with the Panthers, he was using the Cowboys and he was like "You're using the Wildcat Glitch aren't you?" and I said "No - just using Field Goal block." and he went "Yeah, that's the glitch I knew it!" so i told him i wanted solid proof that it was a glitch. Hey it stops the wildcat so DONT USE IT

OS rocks
Old 11-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Just because you can't stop it , does not make it cheese. They run those plays on Sundays, so it will get run in Madden. Learn how to play D.

Haha, i'm guessing you're one of them who runs it all the time?

Has nothing to do with "learning how to play D" btw
Old 11-24-2009, 03:33 PM   #21
MVP

capp34's Arena

On the loading screen before the game comes on it gives you a tip on how to defend the wildcat. Basically it says blitz when you see the formation. So what I have been doing since launch is blitzing all my backers and one safety then I take the cornerback from the motioning guy and make user plays. I have never had an issue with the wildcat as for as screens that's another story.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
That is an excellent sentence.

That sentence was wrought with rage and awesomeness. Anyway 7 min qrts of some dude running the wild cat and you forgot your 4-4 play book is a sleep inducing experience.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:49 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by puremvp1
It really does. Its not like the HB Direct Snap glitch or a rocket catch "glitch"(I don't even consider rocket catch a true glitch). I've never had more than 3 yards gained on me from the Wildcat.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:12 AM   #24
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by puremvp1
Haha, i'm guessing you're one of them who runs it all the time?

Actually no I don't run it all the time. In fact I use the Chiefs with the Texans offensive playbook and it does not even have the wildcat in it. I played two games recently and decided to try the Chiefs offensive playbook which does have the wildcat and I used it twice in each game, once per half, which I feel is realistic and in line with the NFL. So since the game has been out I've run the wildcat 4 times.

My comment was based on the fact that I have no problem stopping it. I find that blitzing my corners and manually blitzing an MLB does the job. What works for one guy may not work for the next.

Stopping a certain play has everything to do with learning how to play D. If you select the wrong play you will get burned, plain and simple. Wait for the opponent to select his play on offense, then select your D accordingly, then read and react.

Oh, and just for the record, I am as sim as it gets. Wins and losses mean nothing to me, playing a realistic game of NFL football means eveything.

Last edited by JMD; 11-25-2009 at 08:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »