Home

Madden needs even more streched ratings.

This is a discussion on Madden needs even more streched ratings. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #17
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden needs even more streched ratings.

the ratings imo dont need more streaching it ennds to mean way more

no longer should devin hester be a better WR than donald
driver,

make route running be a factor, awareness, and jumping, catch in traffic, wr blocking, and make players play to their strength

right now most ratings are cosmetic they dont necessarly impat gameplay

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 11-25-2009, 12:07 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Whitebread
I wish the Return attribute would be raised and lowered, and more stretched out. I see way too many guys at 99 in PR/KR.
Yeah, I agree - it's like everyone is either Devin Hester or pure crap at returns.

Might explain, at least in part, why KR can be rather easy.

Also doesn't make sense that someone with 20 SPD could be a 99 OVR KR because he happens to have a 99 KR rating.

Of all the places where speed should get heavy consideration, it's here.

Last edited by KBLover; 11-25-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:47 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

I would like to see something like the potential rating taken to a whole new level. I think ALL ratings should be a letter grade. That way, it would make it much harder to differentiate between someone who is 94 speed and 98 speed, for example.

The only problem with this is that there are ways to get around the letter grade and see the actual ratings (edit a player, create a player, etc.), so I'm not sure how that would work out.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #20
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

how can games get this right ?

a questions the devs need to answer is ........whats the difference between A. Johnson and S. Holmes, how can a game simulate that?

i think the difference lies in how their QB plays, shaub may throw higher passes making johnson jump, he may throw deep letting his guy go and fight for the catch or to the sidelines knowing his guy can get both feet in

big ben, should run screen passes, short routes to let holmes use his elusiveness, most of his deep routes should be angular and in 1 on 1 coverage where he can make a play but its not in major jumpball traffic

and this all comes back to playbooks and how plays are called and how plays are designed

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 11-25-2009, 11:08 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
and this all comes back to playbooks and how plays are called and how plays are designed
That and giving us WR that can actually jump (the animation) and then making that JMP rating worth something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 13

I really think this comes down to stretching the position specific ratings, maybe not so much in the actual numbers, but how the game uses the numbers, Route Running doesn't seem to have much impact on the game at all, so again you have to find speed WRs to get open and guys like Hines Ward who are not blazing fast become far too ineffective in Madden due to the fact that the other ratings do not seem to carry enough weight.

The physical ratings (SPD, AGI, ACC, STR, JMP) are (IMO) stretched a bit too far by the numbers, but perhaps if they fixed the impact that the Position Specific attributes have the current ratings would be fine!!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #23
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Speed and Acceleration are enough.

Chris Johnson doesn't bust loose on every play. he shouldn't just blow past every LB. There are too many ratings already, I'm not sure most of them even work.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
The ratings don't need to be stretched out anymore than they already are. That isn't the problem; what they need to do is program the game so the ratings actually mean something.
Amen to that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »