Home

M10 / MArcade - Shared Logic?

This is a discussion on M10 / MArcade - Shared Logic? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 21
M10 / MArcade - Shared Logic?

Ive been watching a few videos of MArcade, out of curiosity more than anything else. I strikes me odd to see some of the coverage issues from M10 showing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO-8K0RGm8o

In that video, check the 1:07 mark.

At all times, your looking at a defense that out mans an offense by 1 player. Alot of the "perks" seem to be slanted to negated that advantage (throw 3 balls, freeze a player,fast pitch etc).

So here we go with zone coverage, all sides shift and leave the HB wide open for a TD, infact no player ever engages or acknowledges him until he scores.

I get this game is mean to be simple and fun, but thats also my issue. This game is simple, it cant have ANY complex defense or offensive plays, cant we also assume your not gonna see any shading in this game. That said, programing is programing and when 4 cant cover 3, something is wrong. When you see poor logic issues from the "simulation" start to appear in the "arcade" version, then its showing me somebody doesnt know whats going on here.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 11-24-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
Rookie

FroznYogurt's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: M10 / MArcade - Shared Logic?

Yeah, Madden arcade just seems to be Madden 10, but with barely any plays, power ups, and Madden 10 Wii models. It has same engine, physics, and problems like Madden 10.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Ive been watching a few videos of MArcade, out of curiosity more than anything else. I strikes me odd to see some of the coverage issues from M10 showing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO-8K0RGm8o

In that video, check the 1:07 mark.

At all times, your looking at a defense that out mans an offense by 1 player. Alot of the "perks" seem to be slanted to negated that advantage (throw 3 balls, freeze a player,fast pitch etc).

So here we go with zone coverage, all sides shift and leave the HB wide open for a TD, infact no player ever engages or acknoledges him until he scores.

I get this game is mean to be simple and fun, but thats also my issue. This game is simple, it cant have ANY complex defense or offensive plays, cant we also assume your not gonna see any shading in this game. That said, programing is programing and when 4 cant cover 3, something is wrong. When you see poor logic issues from the "simulation" start to appear in the "arcade" version, then its showing me somebody doesnt know whats going on here.
I see what you're talking about. One thing and maybe it's just me by did the crowd noise seem a lot better in Madden Arcade than in Madden 10. The crowd seems to react when the home team makes the compeletion or causes a fumble. In Madden 10, the crowd only reacts at the end of a big play.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #4
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroznYogurt
Yeah, Madden arcade just seems to be Madden 10, but with barely any plays, power ups, and Madden 10 Wii models. It has same engine, physics, and problems like Madden 10.
I think EA finally understood that if they create an all new engine, it will be superior (in the limited aspects it contains) to Madden 10 and will cause a backlash in the community. This happened with NBA street which was supposedly a "just for kicks" game having better rim physics and player models than NBA Live. EA got panned for that.

I believe the simplification of the Madden engine into another game started with NFL Tour.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »