Home

Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings

This is a discussion on Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2009, 12:02 PM   #73
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
CB said it better than I did. Click on the yellow or red card to find out the reason.
I did, and thanked CB for it. Thanks to you, as well.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 32

I hope the patch come out today because I am going away for the long weekend. On a side note I am loving this game. I play this game more than any other in my collection. Hope the patch work out my major issue which is pursuit angles.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #75
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
If this patch isnt out in another week I give up.

I think it got rejected during the approval by Ms or Sony.

This is taking way too long. I think it got rejected and had to be re-submitted, but the dev team didnt want to upset the community by saying it was rejected the first time around.

Moot at this point IMO.
Ian did mention to OS that there were hiccups with the title update. I took that to mean that it didn't pass their internal QA, but that is pure speculation on my part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #76
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ian did mention to OS that there were hiccups with the title update. I took that to mean that it didn't pass their internal QA, but that is pure speculation on my part.
The "hiccups" were the reason for it taking so long. No speculation, he stated that the process of creating the patch revealed other underlying issues that needed resolution. They worked it out. It took them longer than expected. Its in 3rd party hands and we'll have it when they release it. Usually these guys (EA) get the heads up when MS/Sony plans to drop these things on us. With no blog today and no word of when it will drop I'm expecting to see it after the holiday weekend.

These guys usually know about 24-48 hours in advance that it passed testing. This is why we haven't seen the blog yet. As soon as they get the word that all went well we'll see a blog. They're not going to reveal patch details that could potentially not make the cut. That would be a huge PR blunder if they did.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 2

Hey i am friends with someone who works at microsoft, and he said patch is not coming till at least after CHRISTMAS! i know its terrible but dont expect until around dec 27th or later
Old 11-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #78
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6

my prediction is mid august
Old 11-25-2009, 12:45 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pack31x
Hey i am friends with someone who works at microsoft, and he said patch is not coming till at least after CHRISTMAS! i know its terrible but dont expect until around dec 27th or later
... this would fit with the theory that the 2nd patch will be intentionally delayed (like the first patch) and released with the 2nd DLC which is planned for late December/early January.

Did your mate say whether MS already received the patch (I'm assuming it's still in EA QA testing based on Ian's 'it's in 3rd party testing' tweet)?
Old 11-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I really am starting to wonder. How long ago has it been since PastaPadrEA reported that it had been submitted to Sony/Microsoft? It's hard to accept that 2K was able to get out a HUGE second patch for NBA 2K10 in far less time than EA is taking for their second patch for Madden, especially considering the disparity in resources between the two teams. NBA Live also turned around their big patch in far less time.
It's quite possible Pasta was merely assuming based on good judgment but actually had his information incorrect. It's not like he's always right.

Ian and co. didn't say anything specifically until last week about the status, so...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »