Home

Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings

This is a discussion on Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-25-2009, 10:20 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Yea, I am tired of waiting, and my biggest problem with the game is how the CPU QB always passes out of the sack and the flats coverage, but I guess I will just have to live with it since it looks like it may be after Christmas if that other poster isn't messing with us (the one who said his friend at MS stated the release would be after Christmas, ouch hope that's wrong, lol). So anyway, I am going to start rolling tonight. I am just tired of waiting. It's worse than waiting for Christmas as a kid!
That guy obviously made it up...he's been banned.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:33 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
The "hiccups" were the reason for it taking so long. No speculation, he stated that the process of creating the patch revealed other underlying issues that needed resolution. They worked it out. It took them longer than expected. Its in 3rd party hands and we'll have it when they release it. Usually these guys (EA) get the heads up when MS/Sony plans to drop these things on us. With no blog today and no word of when it will drop I'm expecting to see it after the holiday weekend.

These guys usually know about 24-48 hours in advance that it passed testing. This is why we haven't seen the blog yet. As soon as they get the word that all went well we'll see a blog. They're not going to reveal patch details that could potentially not make the cut. That would be a huge PR blunder if they did.
I don't know why people continue to say that they won't release patch details until it has been MS/Sony certified when EVERYONE else releases patch details long before the patch is certified. NBA Live did it, 2k did it, and didn't they make that video of FAQ with all the details of the 1st patch long before that patch was certified?

I honestly think the Madden community is owed an apology over these ordeal.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:52 PM   #99
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I don't know why people continue to say that they won't release patch details until it has been MS/Sony certified when EVERYONE else releases patch details long before the patch is certified. NBA Live did it, 2k did it, and didn't they make that video of FAQ with all the details of the 1st patch long before that patch was certified?

I honestly think the Madden community is owed an apology over these ordeal.
They knew what was in patch #1 at least a month or before Madden was released because NCAA had the same issues.

Ian is pretty adamant about not releasing patch notes until MS/Sony certification. He knows if something fails and needs to be taken out , the Madden Community would be quite upset.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:56 PM   #100
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They knew what was in patch #1 at least a month or before Madden was released because NCAA had the same issues.

Ian is pretty adamant about not releasing patch notes until MS/Sony certification. He knows if something fails and needs to be taken out , the Madden Community would be quite upset.

I don't get it....Don't they know what is in the patch right now? Wasn't there a chance that the 1st patch wasn't going to pass certification just like any other patch?

I mean, I just want patch details.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:01 PM   #101

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I don't get it....Don't they know what is in the patch right now? Wasn't there a chance that the 1st patch wasn't going to pass certification just like any other patch?

Until the patch is approved for release there are no guarantees.

Since the community couldn't handle changes to patches in the past, there is no reason to release the exact details until everything is official.

I understand what you are saying, we all would love to know what is supposed to be in the patch, but because of community reaction to changes in the past, I think they are reluctant to release what should be in the patch until it is official.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 11:15 PM   #102
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

We all want patch details, but unfortunately, as was stated above, because of community reaction from the past, the patch details won't be released until MS/Sony certifies the patch.

We are all in the same boat.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #103
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
I wouldn't hold your breath...probably a week or so away at this point though. there's no rush because I'm having fun with my franchise already...
Soooo, you can hold someone else`s breath? Lol. Sorry, that I picked that out, but with all of the stupid threads on here...it was nice to notice something funny and actually make me crack a smile. Thanks!

Old 11-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #104
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

The "Thanksgivings" part of the title should have indicated to all of you that this was just a joke thread. :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »