Home

Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings

This is a discussion on Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #33
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings

Quote:
Originally Posted by puremvp1
I used the word "idiotic" because it was said to me....as for handling all teams, I shouldnt have to do this to get realistic stats and it still doesnt fix the HB glitch...so next? it's funny you people try to push what you feel and attack anyone else who doesnt agree...I didnt use idiotic, it was thrown at me.
And I apologize for throwing out that term as it was not necessary.

"We people" aren't attacking others opinions, we're just pointing out that the game is neither unplayable or perfect. Both are extremes. This game is somewhere in between.

I picked this game up about a month ago. If I would have believed everyone who said this game was unplayable, I'd have been missing a lot. That's the problem... no one in their right mind claims this game as the be all, end all. Everyone acknowledges it has flaws. However, the people who hate the game claim it as being utter trash. So it's the people who call it unplayable who are being extreme, not the people who enjoy it.

I just hope that for your sake, you can begin to accept the shortcomings and make the most of what is offered you. I too used to be a slider-head, 100% realistic or I hate it type of guy. Then I started playing the video games as video games. I still like to get realistic stats and tinker with sliders a bit, but not nearly as much as I used to. It's increased the enjoyment I get out of my games significantly. And we're supposed to be playing these games to enjoy them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

Last edited by slickdtc; 11-24-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Unrealistic stats totals in franchise? I agree that passing TD's are a tad high and rushing TD's are a tad low, but if that's why franchise is unplayable to you then have you ever played a franchise mode in any NFL video game before? There's always been some kind of oddity, especially in Madden games. Whether it's a the habitual 2000 yard rushers or guys racking up 250 tackles a year, there's always been something. The problems with franchise stat tracking this year are pretty damn minimal and easy enough to look over. They should definitely be addressed for next year (or with the upcoming patch, if possible) but it's not a game breaker at all.

As for your gameplay gripes... that's Madden. I despise the blocking and some of the CPU/AI issues, but a patch is not going to dramatically change this game. As much as it pains me to say this because you should never have to just settle, you just have to accept it. It's always been there, it always will be there.

If you can't look past some of these issues, I think you would be best suited to putting the controller down and playing whatever other NFL video game that appeals to you. I'm sorry if I offended you with my "flat out idiotic" comment, but people who expect this patch to fix all of their complaints with this series (especially those which aren't problems, just how the game is programmed to play) are going to be seriously disappointed. It'll be a cleaner version of the game, but it will still be Madden 10.
I'll most likely go back to nfl 2k5, if I can find a copy at gamestop...however i'd still like to find out what this patch is going do with the issues that I find " again that I find" unacceptable....because with those issues fixed..I think this will/would be the better game and probably the best madden since 05
Old 11-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by puremvp1
I used the word "idiotic" because it was said to me....as for handling all teams, I shouldnt have to do this to get realistic stats and it still doesnt fix the HB glitch...so next? it's funny you people try to push what you feel and attack anyone else who doesnt agree...I didnt use idiotic, it was thrown at me.
And it was unnecessary, but you didn't have to continue to provoke others by insulting them and acting like you aren't the slightest bit irrational calling any video game broken that is fully functional.

You may have different definitions for things, but based on the report by Looman he basically admitted he was aware of the low rushing TDs, but had to compromise because it's difficult to find a perfect balance in sim stats (otherwise other things become skewed). Now, something like looking at career stats and seeing 11203 rushing TDs for a CB, that's a glitch.

It's semantics, but when it's the typical overexaggeration something does need to be said. This community will continue to degrade otherwise, but I suppose it hasn't been what it used to be in quite some time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeBlaize
Like someone else said, that's an exaggeration. By controlling every team, for me it's always going to be better than the AI handling things. I was able to get fairly realistic stats just by playing a few games a week as well.
Honestly, while I realize its a means to end. You cant be happy that the logic is so bad you must control all 32 teams.

I realize your just trying to make the most of the game, defend it however you like but your actions speak louder than words.

Users even considering, much less having to controlling every team and / or playing EVERY single season game to get accurate stats or results should speak volumes about the quality of this product. Doing that in 1989 on your 8 bit system, I understand....not anymore, not with the power of these systems,the technology that exists and quality of programmers to be had.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 11-24-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeBlaize
And it was unnecessary, but you didn't have to continue to provoke others by insulting them and acting like you aren't the slightest bit irrational calling any video game broken that is fully functional.

You may have different definitions for things, but based on the report by Looman he basically admitted he was aware of the low rushing TDs, but had to compromise because it's difficult to find a perfect balance in sim stats (otherwise other things become skewed). Now, something like looking at career stats and seeing 11203 rushing TDs for a CB, that's a glitch.

It's semantics, but when it's the typical overexaggeration something does need to be said. This community will continue to degrade otherwise, but I suppose it hasn't been what it used to be in quite some time.

"Provoke" really? by defending myself and using a word that was thrown at my first? that's not the meaning of provoking.....infact I didnt start any of this, I stated what I felt and then here come you guys, so yeah..save it......it's unplayable at this to me, that's what you arent getting here, just because you find it playable doesnt mean it is for everyone, sorry.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Honestly, while I realize its a means to end. You cant be happy that the logic is so bad you must control all 32 teams.

I realize your just trying to make the most of the game, defend it however you like but your actions speak louder than words.

Users even considering, much less having to controlling every team and / or playing EVERY single season game to get accurate stats or results should speak volumes about the quality of this product.
Huh? I've always been doing that. I didn't do it simply as a workaround for the stats, it was more so because of the bad AI which we all know hasn't been improved much for nearly a decade.

I understand your logic but unfortunately my reasoning for controlling the teams is also because I tend to like playing as each team so I can enjoy using nearly every player in the game, both from real life and drafted through NCAA draft classes.

I barely played franchise mode from 07-09 because it truly was broken due to the freezing glitch.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #39
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Keep it on your thoughts of the game.

KamikazeBlaize:
Both puremvp1 and slickdtc came to an "agreement", no need to bring up the previous posts again.

puremvp1:
Don't respond to his post. If someone else brings it up again, stay quiet and report it.

If I read anything else about the word "idiot" in any posts below mine, the person is getting an infraction.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 11-24-2009, 03:49 PM   #40
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballplaya72
I started a thread about Clinton Portis retiring, only to have it closed before I could reply to a few different posts.

I'd like to see a few less threads get closed at the first sight of anything similar to another thread.
I'm giving you guys a lot of leash here, especially with people arguing already in this thread.

If anyone argues again in this thread, no one will be able to talk about the 2nd patch until it releases.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »