Home

Would you not d/l or delete patch #2?

This is a discussion on Would you not d/l or delete patch #2? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Would you not d/l or delete the patch?
I am happy with the game and will leave it as is. 3 6.12%
I am not happy with the game and will get any update. 46 93.88%
I would delete the patch before I redo my slider set or franchise. 2 4.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 05:48 PM   #9
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Would you not d/l or delete patch #2?

hah Moody got banned.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:55 PM   #10
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

There was originally word that the patch revealed some additional issues. Ian also stated that's why putting the patch together took a little longer than expected. I fully expect the patch to be in good working order. I'm not expecting there to be additional issues. Some people are just incapable of comprehending what people say. Its no wonder we can't get a game designers to frequent these boards like they used to.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #11
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I enjoy the game as it is and I feel I'm really getting a good experience on the field. I can deal with some of the statistical inaccuracies because they aren't too bad, in my opinion.

With that said, I'm eagerly awaiting the patch to see what it brings to the table. Fix some of the little flaws, maybe make the game a bit cleaner/tighter. I'm holding off on starting a franchise with the Buffalo Bills as that's going to be my main franchise. In the meantime, I'm really growing fond of this SF 49ers team I've piloted to a 13-3 finish and the best record in the NFC.

So as long as the patch doesn't make the game explode (or to a lesser extent, corrupt any data files), I think it's alllllll good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 06:41 PM   #12
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

The "news" of problems in Patch #2 came from Ian in an explanation as to why things took awhile. The issues were on their end while testing...anything beyond that (one way or the other) is pure speculation.

And to answer the question (regardless of the obvious intent), of course I would delete the patch if it conflicted with what I wanted out of the game. That's rarely the case, however.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:23 PM   #13
Rookie

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
The fact that you will have to restart your franchise which you may have worked on for months make you not want it either?
You will only have to restart if you want the stat fix right? I have seen conflicting replies reguarding this. I highly doubt the patch will corrupt your franchise files(if it does, they shouldn't release it). I always thought in the past when franchises had to be restarted it was dealing with stabilty/freezing issues. I for one am not restarting 6 years of a franchise just to get the stats fix. I pretty much get my stats were I want them for my team. Besides, in all the maddens there is always stat glitches.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I've started just fun franchises until the patch comes out.

I don't understand why the OP sent out a panic signal regarding the second patch causing game play issues.

As SoxFan noted above, Ian described those as hiccups that were incurred during the second patch.

Last edited by roadman; 11-24-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #15
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Damn, everyone who has a gripe with this game seems to get banned eventually.

Anyways, I havent played this game since shortly after patch #1. I def will download it and start over as I am praying it can somehow change how I feel about madden 10. This is the longest I have gone without playing madden since gameday failed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #16

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Damn, everyone who has a gripe with this game seems to get banned eventually.
Yet not one person has been banned for having a gripe with the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »