Home

Madden NFL Arcade Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Arcade Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL Arcade Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows
It's fun but I don't see how anyone could possibly think it's better than the first 2 NFL Street games unless you were to young when they came out. It just seems like a simplified NFL Street with updated graphics/rosters and WAY less to do.
See it-I played only 1 NFL Street for obvious reasons. Doesn't compare to this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #82
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

15 dollars for something that is on the wii, when the ps3 could have had it on the disc in the first place? They can't make a decent football game anymore, but they know how to make money.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:01 AM   #83
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
15 dollars for something that is on the wii, when the ps3 could have had it on the disc in the first place? They can't make a decent football game anymore, but they know how to make money.
Stop whining about the $15 for this game and Start complaining about the $60 for Madden 10.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:58 AM   #84
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Stop whining about the $15 for this game and Start complaining about the $60 for Madden 10.
It's not that I can't afford $15 or the $60. If I understand this right, this is already on wii, so they created nothing, it's $15 of almost pure profit. Same with afl pack, franchise cheats, and the pop up ads.

All this money just seems to go towards paying for that license cause if that amount went toward development/improvements I'd have to think this game would be so real I might tear my acl while I played it.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #85
Banned

OVR: 29

Pretty fun game. Just randomly decided to try it and buy it. There's only one complaint I do have right - I wish you could turn CERTAIN Game Changers Off. Like how I'm having a good fun game, and all of a sudden the other team gets to steal my score and basically take all my hard work and make it all for nothing. That one feels kind of stupid to me. The rest I like.

So far Entourage is my favorite. I had the CPU happen to get it 3 times when I was around the 2-3 yard line; the first two times I didn't notice and I tried to run... Bad move. The 3rd I tried to pass but I couldn't connect.

I've also gotten some huge runs out of it.

Next to that is Frostbite; it's fun taking their RB out of the play completely when you're on defense.

Last edited by MC Fatigue; 11-29-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #86
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Pretty fun game. Just randomly decided to try it and buy it. There's only one complaint I do have right - I wish you could turn CERTAIN Game Changers Off. Like how I'm having a good fun game, and all of a sudden the other team gets to steal my score and basically take all my hard work and make it all for nothing. That one feels kind of stupid to me. The rest I like.

So far Entourage is my favorite. I had the CPU happen to get it 3 times when I was around the 2-3 yard line; the first two times I didn't notice and I tried to run... Bad move. The 3rd I tried to pass but I couldn't connect.

I've also gotten some huge runs out of it.

Next to that is Frostbite; it's fun taking their RB out of the play completely when you're on defense.
Probably, my top two Gamechangers as well. Turbo is good as a disruptor if done in the middle of the play. If I'm not mistaken Frostbite takes out a random player of your opponents-you can't select their player can you?
Big difference between playing the CPU and online, but if you're p[laying the computer you might want to turn GameChangers OFF. My complaint is ranked online matches where you're sure to face Indy, Pitt and NE a lot.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:52 PM   #87
Pro

OVR: 18

Just got done playing the demo, and I will not buy this game. Mainly because it is missing many things that make Arcade sports games great.

If you want to see a sports arcade game that gives you everything you expect in an acrace game look at MLB: The Bigs. Obviously that game has some flaws, but that game gives you what you expect out of an arcade game. Madden Arcade is missing many elements that make an "arcade" game great.

Here is a short clip of The Bigs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJy0k-ws8Y

I would like to see EA take some idea's from the other arcade sports titles and bring them into Madden Arcade, and they really could have a fast paced football game that is fun to play.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #88
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10

Why did EA waste their time on this?! It's pretty much like a dumbed down version of Madden on the Wii. Madden on PS3 and 360 are made for the more serious players who want sim football. What the hell???

RIP J.J.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »