Home

What playbook would fit my needs?

This is a discussion on What playbook would fit my needs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
What playbook would fit my needs?

I'm in an Online Franchise and just traded for Larry Fitzgerald . So I'm wondering if anyone can help me choose a good playbook for my team. I'm the Giants and I'm not a big fan of their playbook.

My offense looks like this:

QB - Jay Cutler
RB - Michael Bush/Ricky Williams
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Justin Gage
WR - Earl Bennett
TE - Jeremy Shockey

I also have a solid offensive line. Basically what I'm looking for is a playbook with solid passing plays and possibly running plays that use a lot of pulling guards because I've found that to be effective with the line I have.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: What playbook would fit my needs?

Seems like you have a power run, possession-reciever style offense.

The cleveland and san fransisco playbooks might work for your personnel.. alot of heavier sets, each has a version of the wildcat and limited spread looks that flex out your TE (earl bennett is a fine player but I'd think you would want shockey in) as well.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by filtertmp
Seems like you have a power run, possession-reciever style offense.

The cleveland and san fransisco playbooks might work for your personnel.. alot of heavier sets, each has a version of the wildcat and limited spread looks that flex out your TE (earl bennett is a fine player but I'd think you would want shockey in) as well.
Thanks. I'll check out Cleveland's in an online match since I've never used them before.

I'm a little familar with San Fran's book because I've had to use them to beat the cheesers that use Minnesota and it's pretty good.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

Best case for you would be to have a custom playbook - whooops - forgot they left that out too when they came over to this gen of consoles!

CIN playbook offers a good mix of runs and has several pulling guard plays and some three WR sets where you can sub the TE as the 3rd WR which I like.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Darn EA for takeing out custom playbooks!!! >< at least add it for an offline franshise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #6
Banned

^^^NO! I want them available everywhere!!!! If guys are that scared of them then have it be an option for franchise mode (online or offline) that you can turn on or off and have it be in the hardcore ranked games.

I am so sick of hearing bout cheese or exploits that will result from having a playbook where you get to pick your own plays to populate it with!!! If custom routes are such an issue then list every available route and then let me plug them in where I wish and decide the depth of the cuts (from 1-19 yards by 1)!!!

Yes I despise cheese, hate seeing the same three plays all game, think they need to fix some exploits, but let's quit running scared of cheese - just get in the darn lab and find a counter - cuz %95 of the time there is a counter to everything - and yes sometimes it means manually controlling a player to take something away!!!

Look I wish that Madden was better programmed and some of these "exploits" did not exist but deal with it or play with house rules against guys you know or who at least agree to certains standards of Madden "etiquette" !
Old 11-26-2009, 12:10 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Well I used the Cleveland playbook and it was pretty good. Larry Fitzgerald went off for 10 catches, 134 yards and a TD but now for the bad news, I threw 5 INTs with Cutler (now that's sim) and lost 35-7 @ NO.

The guy played a defense that had 8 in the box and 1 safety back pretty much every play but when I tried to burn him with the deep ball to Larry, it was switch to DRC and user pick. **** I hate when people switch mid play to make user picks.

I also tried screens, slants, quick outs, everything, but the guy stopped it all.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #8
Banned

^^^ I would say that seems crappy except that Cutler is your QB, so that would be like me complaining about my 5 int games with Romo, it is frustrating but kinda realistic as both guys have games where they look like probowlers and then the next week they look like Ryan Leaf, they are both like a box of chocolates - ya never know what your gonna get!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »