Home

Madden newbie

This is a discussion on Madden newbie within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
Madden newbie

I've had Madden for a couple of months, but just can't get into it. Regarding the game speed, what have people found to be the best game speed. It feels slow to me on default. Speaking of default, what can be done to fix the kickoff issues? I played a game with my little brother last night and it ended 60-53, mostly due to kickoff returns - about 4 of them. Just terrible settings out of the box, I'm surprised more people don't comment on how bad it plays without sliders, etc. All the complaints for Fight Night 4 when it's a much smoother experience. Don't get me started on the play by play dude.

I mean, NCAA football, though it lacks the tackling and some animations and refinements, plays a more realistic game. Actually, I'm pretty pissed that Madden doesn't give you the option to play defense like NCAA does where you lock onto one player and play from the defense's perspective. Why did they not include this? I've said it before - it's the best new option of any EA sports game released this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden newbie

Take a look at the sliders forum. You can find great slider sets along with the game speed you need to play them on. If they don't work for you using them as a base and tweaking here and there to how you play will make the game much better for you.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 11-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
I've had Madden for a couple of months, but just can't get into it. Regarding the game speed, what have people found to be the best game speed. It feels slow to me on default. Speaking of default, what can be done to fix the kickoff issues? I played a game with my little brother last night and it ended 60-53, mostly due to kickoff returns - about 4 of them. Just terrible settings out of the box, I'm surprised more people don't comment on how bad it plays without sliders, etc. All the complaints for Fight Night 4 when it's a much smoother experience. Don't get me started on the play by play dude.

I mean, NCAA football, though it lacks the tackling and some animations and refinements, plays a more realistic game. Actually, I'm pretty pissed that Madden doesn't give you the option to play defense like NCAA does where you lock onto one player and play from the defense's perspective. Why did they not include this? I've said it before - it's the best new option of any EA sports game released this year.
I thought the first patch caused that. It is ridiculously easy to return kickoffs this year. It's a game killer; it makes online games not even worth playings, and I find myself running out of bounds to avoid scoring on Kickoffs this year.

If this game doesn't improve drastically after the patch, back to gamestop it goes.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Take a look at the sliders forum. You can find great slider sets along with the game speed you need to play them on. If they don't work for you using them as a base and tweaking here and there to how you play will make the game much better for you.
Are there sliders that effect Kickoff coverage and/or blocking ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »