Home

the next Lawrence Taylor? (NCAA draft class)

This is a discussion on the next Lawrence Taylor? (NCAA draft class) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: the next Lawrence Taylor? (NCAA draft class)

You should post some stats of how he does in your franchise
Old 11-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 12

Alright, I was finally able to sign Bowman and he is a straight up beast. I'm going to put him at MLB and let him be the next Ray Lewis.

Navorro Bowman
6'2"
246 lbs
OVR: 96 @ DE, 92 @ OLB, 89 @ MLB
SPD: 89
STR: 95
AGI: 85
ACC: 94
AWR: 56 (eek...)
CTH: 65 (great for a LB, INT machine?)
TKL: 91
HIT: 97
PWM: 68
FNM: 80
BKS: 93
PUR: 98
PRC: 89
MCV: 64
ZCV: 72

I also drafted Eric Berry, who turned out 91 OVR from the get-go, here are some stats on him.
SPD: 95
AGI: 90
ACC: 97
AWR: 80
CTH: 67
HIT: 98
TKL: 71
PUR: 93
PRC: 80
MCV: 74
ZCV: 81
Old 11-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #11
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8

I would put him at a DE in a 4-3 or OLB or DE in a 3-4, he's an alright pass rusher but not that great of a coverage guy. I would try to sub him in at linebacker for certain plays especially if you like to blitz a lot. Berry looks like an amazing FS/SS, I would blitz him a lot there are some really good blitzes where you could bring both of those guys and wreak havock on opposing QB's. Now all you need are some beastly D-Lineman and you have yourself a freaky defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 10:29 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 10

Are you playing the PS2 version? I have used 20+ versions of NCAA draft classes for 360 and haven't seen ratings anywhere near that high this year. Those kind of ratings were pretty common on PS2 though.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:13 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows
Are you playing the PS2 version? I have used 20+ versions of NCAA draft classes for 360 and haven't seen ratings anywhere near that high this year. Those kind of ratings were pretty common on PS2 though.
Nope, PS3 version. I've loaded up the NCAA draft classes a bunch and these are the first times I've seen guys that were this highly rated as rookies. Kind of disconcerting since they've never played a snap and they're "elite" players, but exciting too.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 26

You ended up drafting P Willie and a Bob Sanders clone in one draft...Im jealous

I would look to keep Bowman at MLB. He may have dominant coverage skills but you dont find that many players with those type of physical skills with other skills to boot. If you really wanted to create a "perfect" player...You could look make him more rounded http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ogression.html

Considering you started with a cupcake team, I dont think you will do that but I always enjoy sharing the info of how the game works. Good luck with your franchise.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 9

Reminds me of a guy I drafted on the ol' PS2 in Madden - he was a HB on 07 for my Packers, and he had such good Strength and BTK skills that he broke tackles everywhere, AND he was fast, AND he could catch. It was basically like taking elite guys at WR, HB and DT and combining them into a super player.

I haven't gotten any superstar defensive players yet, though. The best guy I've ever drafted was CB in 10 who had insane press and strength ratings, which I love, and his coverage ratings were insane. He never made tackles in the run game, though, and I already had Asomugha so he toiled in my 2 spot. :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #16
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecav
Bowman is quite a beast.

Yeah, kinda lame people are finding out about him through an imported draft class.

The guy is a stud on Saturdays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »