Home

the next Lawrence Taylor? (NCAA draft class)

This is a discussion on the next Lawrence Taylor? (NCAA draft class) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-26-2009, 12:18 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
the next Lawrence Taylor? (NCAA draft class)

I just finished my second season of a Franchise rebuilding a cupcake team (managed to go 3-13 this year, netting the #2 overall pick). I was looking through the players I had scouted through the year and came across a freak of nature OLB using an NCAA draft class for the 2011 draft. He has Linebacker size, Cornerback speed, and Defensive Tackle strength...

Name: Navorro Bowman
College: Penn State
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 241 lbs
40 time: 4.34 (rated 90 Speed, 88 Agility, 89 Acceleration)
Bench Press: 34 reps (rated 95 Strength)

I can't decide what I want to do with him. I kind of want to put him at MLB and let him make plays and shut down the run (I have Ndamakong Suh and Chris Ptaszek at DT), but I kind of also want to line him up at DE and let him obliterate opposing LT's and wreak havoc on QBs across the league.

After seeing his 40 time and bench press, I traded around to get the #1 overall pick from Tampa Bay (traded a 1st and 2nd rounder from Cinci I got earlier in the season) and drafted him. With the #2 overall I picked up Eric Berry, so hopefully they'll be able to turn around my defense who just set the record for most points allowed in a 16-game season.

Last edited by Dianwei32; 11-26-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2009, 12:24 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: the next Lawrence Taylor? (NCAA draft class)

What are his zone/man coverages, tackle/hit power, play recognition, finesse/power moves, block shedding, and what is his stamina/injury? Also, what is his current overall and his potential?

It is all well and good that he is an athletic freak...Once I know those, I can tell you what I would do with him

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 11-26-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
What are his zone/man coverages, tackle/hit power, play recognition, finesse/power moves, block shedding, and what is his stamina/injury? Also, what is his current overall and his potential?

It is all well and good that he is an athletic freak...Once I know those, I can tell you what I would do with him
I 2nd that motion. Right now, he sounds like a guy in county jail. lol

Old 11-26-2009, 01:15 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

I drafted a guy like that in the Madden generated classes. I played him at OLB (I run a 3-4) for half the season, then due to an injury I moved him to FS (he had really good COV ratings and hit power for an OLB) and he ended up going to the PB as a rookie and winning the DROY with 6 sacks, 6 ints, 4 FF, 5 FR and 3 defensive TDs, he had a about 70 tackles.

The following year I drafted a better FS and SS as far as the attributes I look for at those positions and I moved that guy to MLB and he made it to a 91 from an 82 in one season at MLB, and he is the one player I have ever had in Madden where I absolutely never control him cuz he just makes plays on his own!!! All over the fieldand he can do it all, blitz, cover, sniffs out and destroys the run, tracks down plays from the opposite side of the field. I don't have very high rated DEs, so the DL in front of him doesn't offer him much help but he is a freak and a wrecking ball, consistently unleashes big hits with no input from me - he is my favorite Madden draftee of all time.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:28 AM   #5
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

Bowman is quite a beast.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2009, 02:10 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

I don't know any of his other ratings yet. I was doing the draft this morning but had to stop at the rookie contract signings to go catch a flight. I'll post his ratings on Sunday, when I get back to my PS3.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

OLD or DE, and blitz the hell out of him

LMAO
Old 11-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 34

putting him at DE would be a waste of time, unless you want to manually use him.

if so, you could have all kinds of fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »