Home

What ever happened to the sideline catching we were promised?

This is a discussion on What ever happened to the sideline catching we were promised? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-27-2009, 11:41 AM   #25
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: What ever happened to the sideline catching we were promised?

High awareness guys trigger these animations. And even so, sparingly.

There are no sideline throws in Madden. Totally ruins the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #26
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50

i have seena few but i only really see them when i make a challenge then i see the catch was a sideline toe touch, but this year its done subtle in the past it stood out more.. you really have to either have the sttings in the speed of teh game slower ro you might miss them alot but alot dont like to play on the loweer speed. try it and see if that makes a difference but you will have to change yur slider set once you mess with the speed of the game
Old 11-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 15

Yes, there was a blog about the sideline AWARENESS, but it definitely did not help with the sideline catching whatsoever. But they made it sound like it did which is really what ticked me off. Also, I know in the first patch they did do something about the sideline catching but it seems like it had more to do with that the ref cutscene. This game is such a shame.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

That's it. We need a sideline catching rating.

But yeah, I've stopped throwing out routes because most of the time the ball just leads the WR out of bounds, even with no lead on the ball and throwing a bullet.

I know some of that is accuracy, but the "auto lead" on some routes needs to go. Then maybe they can let us hit WR in the holes in the zones on crossing/slant/drag/in routes instead of "auto-leading" my WR into either a big hit or the pass into a pick.

And I agree 100% with the poster who said WR play needs a big upgrade/overhaul.

It's just silly that defenders can make better plays on the ball (they jump, the attack the ball, they reach) than WR can.

Last edited by KBLover; 11-27-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
I see catches close to the sidelines every game. I see the little cutscene with the refs indicating a catch in bounds every game, but those aren't sideline catches. Sideline catches are when the WR actively attempts to tap both toes in bounds. I've NEVER seen that.
Ok better question. Where is the sideline catch animations like u see on NCAA 09? U know like when they lean out and catch while holding there feet in bounds. I think thats wat ppl mean. Not the refs ruling if its out of bounds.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #30
Pro

jacory12's Arena

OVR: 12

I've never seen it. I have seen it in NCAA 10 however.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:16 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I surprised that spectacular catch is used to determine the foot drag animation. I'm fairly certain that APF2K8 must have a unique rating for this ability as their is an emblem for it called 'Magic Feet'.
Even then, guys without magic feet would still make (or at least attempt) sideline catches pretty routinely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

I haven't really seen them at all... I can't recall it a single time really. In NCAA 09, if you made plays to the sideline, you'd see the receivers get into position, planting their feet and fall out of bounds making the catch... I haven't seen one of these. I have however seen a ton of out of bound catches get ruled inbounds when clearly they were not...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »